Chapter 6

I had just gotten out of a rather weird potions class with Ron and Hermione, when the two started to talk uncontrollably.

"What the bloody hell just happened?" Ron asked.

"First Malfoy was nice, then Snape agrees and is finally giving you what you deserve? They are both being civil to you. What happened?" Hermione said over Ron's ongoing questions. They both looked at me and I just shrugged. I was still surprised that I remembered how to not only make the potions, but I understood everything. I remembered all my years of class. Potions class that is. I still don't remember any other class other than my first year. After a long day of sitting in class, confused and angry at myself, the final bell finally rang, and I didn't even wait for Hermione or Ron. I shot out of there like a rocket and made my way to the lake.

Once I got there, I climbed a huge rock and took a deep breathe when I was seated at the top. After probably a half an hour of just sitting there, deep in thought, I took out my homework. I first did my potions class because I had taken a liking of the class. Probably because it is the only class I fully remember and understand. That took around 20 minutes and I then went to my transfiguration homework. Write an essay about how you were able to turn your animal into a glass. I couldn't even do it so how am I supposed to explain how I did it? I threw the parchment to the side and put my head into my hands.

I soon heard footsteps and quickly looked up.

"Don't worry, Potter. It's only me." Malfoy said, hoisting himself onto the rock. He looked at my not started essay a few feet away, grabbing it and came to sit next to me.

"Do you not remember?" He asked, with a look in his eyes of pity. I shook my head, looking away.

"Well lucky for you, I already did mine." He said, taking his own out of his bag. "Just change the wording a little bit so it doesn't look like you copied."

I looked up at him, and back to the essay. It took less than 5 minutes, but it was finally done. I then took out my notebook and dipped my quill into the ink, writing him a message.

Why are you helping me?

"Well Potter, I don't want to continue what I did before, so I wanted to change the way we are to each other." He answered. I nodded, still confused.

What happened before?

It took him a little time to answer.

"Just, stuff I am not happy about. Just...when you remember...just know I am truly sorry for everything I did and I didn't know how much it hurt you." He soon said. After talking for quite a while, it got darker and darker, and I soon felt my eyes become heavy and let sleep take over me.