Chapter 7

The sound of my alarm clock woke me up today. Thankfully, I'm not late this time. I woke up with red puffy eyes from crying last night.

I went to the bathroom and do my business there. After that, I put on some clothes which is a white top and a dark blue high waisted skinny jeans. Then I put on my black sneakers.

I applied a little bit of makeup to cover up my puffy eyes from crying last night. I just hope nobody notice it at school. Today, I French braided my hair. Then I took my school bad and my phone and went downstairs.

Thank lord my mother is not here drinking her tea this time. I took my lunch box that the servants had prepared for me and my water bottle.
With that, I went out of the house and straight into the car where Mr. Pete had waited for me.

Have I mentioned that Mr. Pete is in his 40's by now? No? Okay. The same thing happens again like yesterday. Crazy dangerous thoughts are filling my head. I sometimes wonder if I need a doctor? Nahh I don't need a doctor. I can handle myself.

10 minutes passed by and I've finally arrive at school. I went into the school, went past through the halls and straight to my classroom. I didn't bother to go to my locker since I don't want anyone noticing my red puffy eyes. So while I was walking through the halls, I made sure that I keep my head down and not to make myself look like a weirdo as well. And I guess it was a success? Nobody really looked at me weirdly..

Anyways, when I arrive my classroom, there are already a few of my classmates here. Most of them are the smart ones. Perrie is not here yet. Even them jocks and Sasha as well. I went to my sit and put my bag down on the floor with my water bottle and my lunch box. Then I took a sit.

Hhhmm, what to do? Maybe I should check my lunch box. As I was checking, there was a big slice of chocolate moose cream cheese cake with caramel dripping on the side from the top. Damn. These are all my favourite ingredients combined.

Strange. They usually don't make this for lunch. They only make sandwiches for me while my brother gets whatever he wants. It's my parents order to make sandwiches only for me. Unfair right?? My brother gets everything he wants while me on the other hand, gets nothing.

Suddenly, a note sticking at the back of my container's lid caught me off guard.

"Dear Laura, I told the chef to make your favourite cake for lunch. I hope you like it. Enjoy! "

                                                  ~Mother

What the heck!? What's got into my mother lately?! Has she lost her mind?! Hm, there must be something going on or else mother wouldn't even do these for me. I must figure out what's happening.

Few minutes passed by so quickly, everyone started rushing into class. I finally saw Perrie walking into class while carrying her books. She was wearing a white lace floral dress which goes perfectly with her strawberry blonde hair.

Perrie caught me looking at her. She gives me a look. I know that look. The 'had a fight with your parents again? ' look. She only gives me that look when she notice something's wrong with me.

Perrie is the only person I trust the most. I told her about my parents. I told her about my brother. I told her about everything how I felt because she's always there in my darkest times.
.
.
.
Class started once everyone was at their sit. Sadly, Asher still sits at his new sit. Welp, what am I getting my hopes high anyways?

Class went on as usual. Nothing bad happens so yeah. After class ended, I packed my stuff into my beg, I took my water bottle and my lunch box then went out of the classroom.

Few classes ended and it's finally recess time. When I went out of my classroom, there I see Perrie standing and blocking my way with her arms crossed at her chest.

O

h yeah.. Crap. Here we go.

"Laura Quinsley. Care to explain? " she asked me with one of her eyebrows raised up.

*sigh*

"Fine" I sighed.
.
.
.
"So yeah. That's basically it. " After telling her what happened last night, she gave me a lot of advice. While I was telling her what happened last night, we were walking to the cafeteria. I also saw Eva got into trouble. Again.

We sat at a table near where the popular kids hangout since there was no other empty table. At first I didn't want to sit there because I was uncomfortable but then, Perrie somehow managed to make me sit there. Well as long as there's Perrie over there.

Then Eva came. "Hey girls, sorry for being late. I was in trouble again" She said while sitting down on a chair next to me with her skateboard beside her.

"I know that. " me and Perrie said coincidentally. Eva just shrugged her shoulder.

"Did you like the photo I sent you last night? " suddenly, out of nowhere, Sean was right beside. And that scared the hell out of me.

"Geez! Sean! Don't do that again! I could've gotten a heart attack for gahd sake! " I complained to Sean.

"Mehh whatever. " with that, he went off to his friends. Ugh, so annoying.

I didn't tell Perrie about the cake and note situation tho. I just don't her to worry more. I can do it by myself. I will solve the puzzle as to what's my mother's intention!

Before recess ended, I wanted to use the restroom so I told Perrie to go back to class without me. At first she hesitates to live me alone but at the end, I managed to make her go to class without me with a little bit of help from Eva.

While I was on my way to the toilet, I was listening to music with my earphones on. Since there was no one around, I sang a little bit of the song I'm listening to.

So, I was about to reach the girls toilet but suddenly, someone came rushing out from the boys toilet and accidentally hit me.

I fell flat on the floor.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry! " the person said. Somehow, he sounds familiar.

"O-oh it's okay. " I said, not even bothering to look up.

I tried to stand up but, my foot hurts. "O-ouch! " I fell flat on the floor again.

"Omg here, let me help you. " said the person who ran into me. Once he helped me to stand up, I take a look at him.

Crap. It's Asher.

My eyes widen when I know who the person is. Damn it! Out of all the person that had to ran into me, why him?! I can feel my heart is beating fast. It feels like I'm about to explode any moment now.

"Hey, it's you! " he said. His dreamingly hazel eyes went wide as well when he notices that he had ran into me. Damn him for having beautiful eyes!

I tried walking but I couldn't. My foot really hurts and that makes me feel pathetic.

"H-hey! Slowly. Here, put your arm around me. I'll walk you to the nurse's office. " He said.

Omg. No. Putting my arm around me? You walking me to the nurse's office? Na-ah. Ain't gonna happen.

"N-no, it's okay. I can manage myself. "I said trying to avoid his gaze. I do need some help but a help from him, nope.

"I don't care. Since I'm the cause of this problem, I should help you. " with that, he started walking while helping me as well.

*sighs*

I hope nothing bad happens later. How did I end up in this situation? Does the world really hate me this much? Lord, did I do something wrong?!

Oh well, wish me luck!

~End of chapter~