Chapter 17- As If Someone Ate Glitter And Threw Up All Over His Face

The kiss soon turned into a full on make out session. We were desperately holding on to each other, trying to make the moment last forever.

But eventually we had to give in and separated to breathe. I inhaled deeply, partly because I could breathe in Ryder's scent.

I could feel Ryder's erratic heart beat, and I am sure mine was as fast as his. We just lay wrapped up in each other until a cold wind blew and I shivered involuntarily.

"Shit princess, you must be freezing. I am such an idiot. What if you get a cold?! Or worse hyperthermia?! Oh no! Let's get you inside." Ryder cutely says.

His face is flustered, and his lips still glistening from the kiss. The kiss. It was magical.

My nerves were literally on fire, I was so focused yet so distracted. His scent took over my senses, the way his warm and soft lips moved against mine was like absolute bliss.

I bring my attention back to the gorgeous guy in front of me who is frantically moving around trying to make everything more perfect than it actually is.

A soft smile tugs the corner of my lips, looking at him getting so worked up on the small things, which makes him look absolutely cute. But I am not going to tell him that.

I get up and brush the dust off my clothes, "Ryder. Chill, it's fine, let's go sleep. And don't worry I can handle this!"

Ryder smiles, it lights up his face and the warm glow because of the fire makes him look golden.

Like literally golden.

As if someone ate glitter and threw up all over his face.

Way to ruin the moment, Rea.

I go inside the tent, it's spacey and nice. There are blankets neatly laid and lots and lots of pillows.

Ryder must have put a lot of thought and effort to plan this and execute this without a hitch. Honestly I am impressed. Beyond impressed actually.

Soon Ryder joins me inside. We have enough space to sleep comfortably but he still insists on cuddling.

Sometimes I feel he forgets that he is a teenager and acts like a five year old, but that's what makes him him.

Still smiling I turn towards him and burry my face in the crook of his neck. He wraps his hands around me and somehow our legs get entangled.

Like one minute we are free and the next we become a freaking octopus. Smh.

But I enjoy it nonetheless. A few minutes of silence passes before Ryder starts humming and playing with my hair.

It soothes me, his humming becomes more and more distant as I feel myself slip away from reality and slowly sink into the world of sleep.

His steady heartbeat served as a lullaby slowly but surely putting me to sleep. The chirping of crickets and the whoosh of the air fading away as I melt away into dreamland.

************************

The birds chirping and orangish red beams of the sun greet me as I wake up. Stretching my arms, I look around recalling all that had happened yesterday.

A smile automatically makes its way on my face as I recall the memories. With a happy mood I head out and am greeted by a cold and refreshing breeze.

I grin, because. Well there is no particular reason, I grin because I can, I grin because I am alive, breathing, feeling, existing.

Ryder, wakes up soon. He comes out and greets me. We began to pack up. In about fifteen minutes all our things have been gathered and we are good to go.