Chapter 9

At 3am, Phillip and Anne go on the carriage. Anne is in severe pain, meaning that labor has begun.

Phillip: Don't push until we get there. Try to relax the hospital is only 10 minutes from this street.

Anne is in so much pain she can barely talk. She takes some deep breaths.

Carriage driver: Pregnant?

Anne: Y-Y-Y-Yeah (Anne tries to get her word out, but her baby is trying to come out, as she's in labor.)

Carriage: Congratulations! Do we know what it is?

Phillip: The Doctor is keeping the details a surprise, but twins would be nice!

5 minutes later...

Anne is on a gurney, and the doctor got her in immediately. By 4am...

Anne: OWWWW......

Nurse: Stop screaming! Other patients are trying to rest! Keep on pushing!

Phillip holds Anne's hand.

15 minutes later, a pair of twins come out, a beautiful girl looking just like her mother, and a handsome boy looking like his father.

Nurse: Congratulations, Anne and Phillip Carlyle! You had twins! Boy and girl. The doctor will bring them back in for you to meet them in the next hour. It's time to see if they born healthy, give each them a quick bath, a blanket, and a shower.

Anne and Phillip: Great! Thank you so much!

Doctor: Congratulations, you had a very healthy pair of twins! Any names down yet?

Phillip looks at Anne.

Anne: I'm naming the boy after my father, as he fought so hard for us in slavery, Jacob Otto Carlyle.

Phillip: I'm naming the girl after some Shakespeare characters, as I was a playwright, and I was inspired by Shakespeare. Ophelia Juliet Desdemona Carlyle.

Nurse: Those are great names! Phillip, I believe I've watched one of your plays and one of your circus shows. You're amazing at it!

Phillip: Thanks! You're actually the first one to support me for joining the circus!

Nurse: I can't believe it. Look, I have some other patients to check on. When you guys are done, make sure you put them in their cribs. (She points at a set of cribs)

Anne: Okay

Nurse: Get some rest too! (Leaves)

Phillip: (looking down at the baby girl and boy) Hi Ophelia and Jacob! I'm your father. (Tickles them softly and plants a kiss on their foreheads.

Anne: And I'm your mother. We can't wait to watch you kids grow up!

End of chapter.