Moving day

I woke up on a hot June morning. School had just gotten out and my family and I were moving. We were going to a remote area in Illinois. No, not Chicago. It was still in Illinois but it was far from Chicago. I didn't even understand why they picked this house. I loved my home in Seattle and I would do anything not to move.

I slowly got out of bed as I wanted to stay here as long as possible. This was my home since forever. Breakfast was calling my name. All the boxes were packed downstairs and I grabbed a piece of bacon my dad made.

"Are you excited about moving today!" My mom exclaimed.

"What do you think?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey!" My dad snapped at me making me scared.

"Sure." I said sarcastically before scoffing and walking out. As I walked upstairs, my sister walked past me. She was like the god child and I actually hated it. My parents did everything for her. She would always help at family events and tell me everything I'm doing wrong. God I hate it.

"Hey." She said with a sweet smile but she obviously wanted me to mess up just to correct me.

"Please don't talk me, Hayley. I'm super irritable right now." I said rolling my eyes going towards my room.

"Someones on their period." She giggled. Oh my god. I took a deep breathe and kept walking. I slammed my door and flopped on my bed and scrolled through Snapchat.  All my friends talking about having sleepovers over the summer. My day just got even better. I sighed super loud and my eyes became wet with tears. This was all I had. I hated my parents for ripping me away. My dad drank all the time. And I hated my sister for all the shit she put me through on the daily. All I had were my friends.
———————————————————————————
(Flashback, the last day of school)
"Guys I have to tell you something," I told Sophia and Diana.

"What?" They both asked synchronized.

"I-I'm...." I began.

"Oh my god, just cough it up." Said Diana laughing.

"IM MOVING!" I yelled. They both looked shocked and Sophia began to cry.

"You cant leave us!" Sophia shouted. Diana just looked dazed.

"I'm so Sorry, it's my terrible parents." I told them.

"Why- why are you moving?" Diana said.

"Something about my dad not getting any work here and we can't afford to live here anymore and he needed to go find a new job." I told them sniffling trying to hold back my tears.

"Oh my god! I'm going to miss you so much." Sophia said running to hug me and Diana close behind her. We all hugged and had a sleepover that day at Diana's.

"God, I'm going to miss you so much." I tell them.

"Us too." They said once again almost crying.

"Screw this, lets all run away." Diana said and Sophia and I began to laugh. Sophia was sensitive and sweet while Diana was tough and funny.

"Guys lets enjoy this." I tell them.

"Agreed." The both nod in unison.

That night we had one of the best nights ever. Giggling and watching movies. Crying and eating. I loved my friends more than the world. And I was about to leave them.
———————————————————————————
I thought of that memory and decided to go on one last walk around the neighborhood. I started walking down the stairs when I heard my parents talking.

"No sam, we cannot tell the girls a family was murdered in that house." My mom said.

What The Fuck!? A whole fucking family. Omg. I think I'm going to be sick.

"Well technically, they weren't murdered in the House." My father said.

I quickly ran upstairs and looked up about a family murdered in their house in Illinois.

I found an article on my computer and saw this

I found an article on my computer and saw this. It said a family was "slain inside their family church." Their house right by it. Our house! Omg! The youngest child in the family went missing. I tilted my head and looked at the picture. I peered at it for about a minute before I felt like I was going to be sick. I quickly shut my laptop as I held down bile in my throat. Just then my mother walked in.

"It's time to go. Let's get goi- is everything okay." She asked concerned.

"I'm okay, I'll be right down." I told her gesturing for her to leave.

"Okay. Be down in ten. The moving guys are coming and we need to leave before they get here." I only nodded.

I laid for the last time in my bed thinking about how I would probably never see this place again. Eight minutes had gone by when I heard the moving truck pulls up. I quickly got up and realized I wasn't dressed. Oh my god. I quickly slipped off my pajama pants. I was looking for shorts to wear when A person walked in. He was sixteen. I was fifteen and he wasn't just any person, he was my boyfriend. He saw me and laughed.

"you're annoying." I yelled. I quickly slipped on my shorts. I ran over to him and kissed him. He was coming to help my family move.

"Thomas." I yelled and gave him a hug. He towered over my short self. Yet another reason I didn't want to leave. He was one of the best things that ever came into my life.

"I'm going to miss you so." much I said my eyes getting glossy.

"Aw, sweetie don't cry." He said laughing.

I looked at him and muttered the words, "I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." He patted my back.

We had to leave and I said my goodbyes to Thomas. There was a lot of crying. I'm going to miss him so much. Tears fell down my face and I climbed in the car. Creepy house here we come.