I Love You

In my life, three words have always stuck out to me, I love you. See I haven't exactly heard that from many people in my life. But I've never really said those words back. Not to a boy at least . Yes Thomas and I had a pretty serious relationship, but I felt I never really could say it back. Of course I've said it to my uncle and Mom in the past, but those words haven't been spoken in a long time for me.

I walked into my room as the sun began to set. Sam was passed out on the couch all day and Hayley didn't even acknowledge the fact that it was my birthday. The sky was an orangish pink. The barn still looked unsettling against the beautiful setting. Jumping back onto my bed, I flicked my new light on and off. I smiled as I sat there. The grin on my face was possibly the biggest I'd worn in a while. I admired the old beauty of the shiny object. I looked over at my dresser and grabbed my phone checking the time. 7:30 pm. I rolled my eyes but then smiled as this has been one of the best birthdays in a while because of Milo and his gift. And I know yesterday was a bit rough, but I don't know, I feel like I could never stay mad at Milo. It was like a spell he had over me. I couldn't explain the feeling.

I then thought of my uncle. He always loved my birthday and always exaggerated it. My eyes swelled with tears as I thought about my poor departed best friend. I suddenly felt a presence, like I was being watched. I looked up and saw Milo. He still there with a cheesy smile plastered on his face. I immediately smiled.

"Hi Olivia." He said like a little kid getting a new puppy.

"Hi Milo." I said giggling. He was such a little softie.

"Enjoying the lighter I see."

"Yes I guess you could say that." I smiled.

"I knew it." He said jokingly.

He slowly walked over toward me and stopped when he was standing over my bed.

"Are you having a good day?" He asked looking down at me.

"Yes," I looked up.

"Mind if I sit?" He asked.

I pat the bed next to me, gesturing for him to sit. He smiled and sat down quickly.

"Do you miss your uncle." He asked completely out of the blue.

I looked at him almost surprised. How'd he know.

"Well yeah, he was really important to me you know. He was basically my father figure." Milo looked at me and nodded.

"Well I may not be able to bring him back, but my shoulder is still open for you to lean on." He smiled like a dork and pat his shoulder. I giggled and leaned on him. He laid back against my headboard and I leaned against his chest, cuddling up to him. I looked up at him and smiled. The boy with the pale skin put a cold finger under my chin and moved my head up toward him. I looked in his cold eyes and smiled. The look he gave me could warm a million hearts.

"I love you." He spoke out suddenly. I grinned and the his face when all embarrassed. I giggled.

"I love you too." I said back naturally and comfortable. He smiled. My black haired boy :)
————————————————————————
A/N: here's an update. Sorry it took so long. I've been taking a lot of mental health breaks and trying to focus on school ❤️ I will make sure to update again soon!!