TAPE TWO

That night in the basement, a young girl, probably thirteen, presented the next tape. She told me her name was Emma and she handed the tape to Milo. I did notice she was in snow type clothing and Ted, the owner of the first tape, wore what appeared to be clothing you would fish in. They all had clothing that had to do with how they murdered their families.

The film started with a family in their living room. They were opening presents under a Christmas tree and having fun. Then Emma came in with mugs and looked out the window at the camera smiling. The scene the cut to four ditches with each family member but Emma. They were tied up in Christmas lights and then Emma began shoveling piles of snow onto them. It was bone chilling. The camera panned down to show each family member frozen. Last it showed the mom and her eyes turned towards the camera and she let out her last breathe before the tape ended. I swallowed hard and noticed all the children were all smiling.

Then it finally hit me. I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it till just now. If Milo was one of them does this mean he was one who murdered his family. Is that why he was wearing church clothing. Because he was the one who murdered them in the church. I only knew he was some disturbing entity. I felt like I could trust Milo, but what if he wanted to kill me. And why were these children showing me these tapes?

I looked at Milo and he sat in the ground intrigued almost. I desperately wanted to ask him why he was showing me these tapes, but I was still a little bit scared. I felt like I almost couldn't breathe. Milo stood up and faced me.

"Let's watch another," he grinned ear to ear.

"No milo, I'm going to bed." I said quietly and ran to my room. Laying in bed, I tried to recollect my thoughts but I couldn't help but be terrified by the thought that the boy or rather ghost I was charmed by could have possible murdered his entire family. He appeared in my room and my blood ran cold. I hid under my blanket.

"You think the blanket would protect you." He laughed. He walked over and placed a hand on my arm. His skin felt like the winter. Cold and unforgiving. Sitting down on the edge of my bed, he didn't say a word. The silence was almost painful.

I was about to ask about him and his history but I decided not to push my luck.

"Thank you." I said lightly, my voice grainy.

"For what?" He looked over furrowing his eyebrows.

"Saving me from James, if you hadn't came when you did-" I couldn't continue, my throat had a lump preventing me from finishing that sentence.

"It's okay." He said pushing a strand of hair from my face. I looked into his emerald eyes and felt my heart beat out of my chest. I knew he had a soft spot, even if he couldn't show it. He quickly got up.

"Goodnight," He said leaving. I laid back in bed trying to Erase this horrible night when I heard talking. I got up and tiptoed cautiously to where the speaking was coming from. Hayley's room. Her room was slightly freaked opened. When I peered inside. Hayley stood there next to James. They were taking, and I'm guessing about the tapes. Why would they pick her I thought they liked me to watch the tapes. Besides, Hayley had no reason to do it and I actually did. My blood boiled. I was pissed. I kept watching as Hayley thought the boy was flirting with her. Bullshit. Did she really think he liked her. This is my thing! My only escape is Milo. And if she saw all the tapes before I did, she would take that like she does everything.

I laid back in my bed and basically boiled alive in my hot room, my  parents got air conditioners in ever room except mine, of course. My best bet was the window so I got up and slid it open. The breeze hit my face and my hair blew behind me, then everything set still again. I peered at the church wondering what exactly happened there. Did Milo do it? How did he do it? I couldn't wrap my head around it, but for now I think I'll sleep.