CONVINCING

I couldn't stop thinking about Milo. He was the only thing occupying my mind. Even though my so called family had been gone for a day and a half which somehow relieved me. I sat in bed looking at the ceiling while thoughts tried entering only to be pushed out five seconds later. I took a deep breathe when I heard the door slammed and I heard Hayley's annoying voice fill the air which made my eyes roll. Walking back to my bed, my hand reached for my phone. I went on it and tried my best to have a text conversation with Sophia and Diana but the service cut out every three seconds. I sighed frustrated and slammed my phone down.

I laid in bed only thinking of Milo. He was perfect. A perfect dead kid. Wow. Never thought that one would come out. I smiled and rolled over. I just couldn't understand why he was wanting me to watch the tapes. Because he enjoys my tournament, though it doesn't really upset me that much anymore. I just wanted to know why. I'm assuming I'll find out soon. But in the mean time I'd think I'd sleep while I could. I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

I dreamed about my uncle again. Him and I hanging out. Then boom. The police tape around his house. His lifeless murdered body sitting in the gurney as the wheeled him out. Tears streaming down mine and my mother's face as Sam tried to hide his pathetic smile. It was like the whole thing over again.

I closed my eyes and opened them once again but this time I was surrounded by the darkness of my room. When I heard a voice whisper,

"It was him." It hissed. I jolted up yelping, then covering my mouth again trying not to be heard. I began to cry as I realized I'm all alone in this world. I made sure no one could hear, even though they probably don't care anyway. It was about three AM and I honestly didn't care how much sleep I got anymore anyway. It wasn't gonna make a difference.
I rubbed my eyes as I sat up. I switched on my lamp and clicked on my lamp. I looked up and saw him Milo.

"Hi Milo." I said quietly.

"Hi Olivia." His voice deeper than normal but delicate. I loved it. It was like music.

"You okay?" He questioned.

"Fine." I responded staring at him.

He gave me a sweet smile and my insides whirled. This was thing about him that could almost make me do anything to impress him. Just something about him, made me feel safe.

Milo sat on the end of me bed and looked at me. He looked kind. I knew he had a soft spot. But I knew it wouldn't always show. It was weird with Milo. When I was around he was nothing but a big old softie, but when I wasn't or he was angry or watching the tapes, it was like he was a different person. Sinister. It made my stomach ache to see him like that.

I smiled at the boy and rolled over after a long time of eye contact and closed my eyes falling back asleep as Milo watched.

"Sweet dreams." He muttered and walked out gently.