chapter 1

***

***

That morning I unknowingly opened my eyes in to the beginning of a new adventure. 

The sea breeze was blowing through the opened window and flower patterned curtains were fluttering in the wind. I didn't want to wake up and admit the truth of being back in this place, but I had no choice. The sun was shining right in my face, it was too hot when I tried to crawl under my bed covers and some voice that I didn't recognise kept reminding me that we were going to leave soon. I had no idea who she was and why she was telling me to get up, but she instantly reminded me of the painful reality that I wasn't able to escape even here.

My parents thought it would be great if I would finish here my last two weeks of school. They said it would be good for my 'healing', as they called it. The truth was that the more they talked about it, the more I thought that it marked the start of another horrible year.

They sent me away like that was going to help, but I was always going to stay the same. I was the same in school back in Seoul, sitting alone and doodling in my notebook. I was the same in the hospital, sitting on my bed and looking out the window. I was going to be the same here too, even if they kept assuring me that the sea air had magical healing abilities.

I stepped to the trash and dropped the blood stained bandages that I took of my arms. After wrapping new ones over the healing wounds, I put on a light sweater and shorts. I immediately felt hot in my clothing and my mind briefly wandered to Baekhyun, the guy I met yesterday and him telling me how I was way overdressed for the weather. He was definitely right, but I wasn't planning to stop hiding myself in my clothing. My face held the same serious expression as yesterday and I was looking in a mirror and putting my multicoloured hair in a ponytail, when someone suddenly barged inside the room and screamed: '' Are you going to get a move on or do I have to personally drag you by your ears?! You might think that I am a joke because of my height, but I am much more threatening than I look! Do you want to know what I do with tall people like you? I... ''

The tiny blonde creature took out a sickle and started slicing through the air with a deathly serious expression on her face. '' I chop their heads of! Chop! Chop! Chop! ''

I was looking at her with a dumbfounded expression on my face and trying to figure out if she was serious. The girl was unbelievably short and her blonde bob cut really didn't help her case of trying to seem scary and serious. She even had flowers stuck in her hair and working gloves attached to her large belt. '' Do you carry that sickle on your belt around with you all the time? Aren't you afraid that it would accidentally cut your ass- ''

Her cheeks flushed bright red in embarrassment at the sole mention of her behind, she threw the sickle over her shoulder and ran out of the room screaming. Hiding behind the door, she pointed towards me and gave me my final warning: '' I was trying to be nice, but you are on your own now... Okay, fine, one last chance. Meet me at the entrance of the inn in five minutes. Otherwise you really will face the wrath of Haneul! I swear on my stuffed animals that you will! ''