chapter 2

***

***

I slowly raised my hand up in the air and covered the sun. The strong rays were still shining right between my fingers and I squinted my eyes to be able to gaze at the pure blue sky. There was no sign of a single cloud and I felt like I was melting in the early summer heat. 

Something soft touched my hand and I instantly froze. My eyes slowly widened and my cheeks turned in to a deep shade of red. I wanted to believe that my suspicions weren't true, but when I relucntantly looked to my left, I realised that it was true. Chanyeol's tongue was touching my skin and he was licking the ice cream that unknowingly melted on my hand while I was looking at the sky and daydreaming.

'' Pervert! '' A scream broke out of my mouth and my strong kick sent the startled guy away. He rolled down the street and quickly crawled away before a bicycle could hit him and Haneul burst in to laughter. My face was still red of embarrassment and I angrily wiped my hand in my pants before I looked away and continued to lick my ice cream.

The three of us just finished school for that day and Chanyeol wanted to treat us for ice cream before we would go our separate ways. Haneul was really excited about that and she was looking forward to it the whole morning, while I didn't think that the invite included me too. I was sure that the duo was going to get bored of me soon and leave me on the first chance that they'll get, but for some kind of reason on my third day at the island they were still there. I didn't understand, so I told myself Haneul was dragging me around with her because she worked as a maid in my grandmother's inn and lived there too, so she felt entitled to look after me, while Chanyeol decided to accept it because he was her friend.

'' Why is there no signal here? '' a loud female voice suddenly screamed and made the three of us raise our heads. We were sitting on the sidewalk in front of the town's ice cream shop and we instantly spotted the family that was occupying one of the tables at the restaurant across the street. The girl that was screaming had a huge pair of sunglasses on her nose and she was waving her phone around and trying to get a reception. '' You can't be serious! First there's no internet and now I loose the signal on my phone too? How am I supposed to text my friends?! ''

The parents were loudly arguing about something and it wasn't hard to tell that the mother seemed to dislike the island too. It took me a few moments to realise that the fourth individual sitting at the table was no one else than one of my classmates. It was the guy who asked about the reason I returned to the island on my first day of school. I was secretly watching him after that and I quickly realised that he didn't really seem to have any friends. He didn't interact with anyone at all and even now, his seat was slightly turned from the table and he was gazing towards the sparkling blue ocean.

The older sister roughly grabbed the boy's arm, he blinked and snapped out of his thoughts. '' Why aren't you on my side?! Don't you want to go back too?! Come on, daddy, can't you just build your hotel somewhere else? ''