chapter 15

***

***

That day Baekhyun told me something that I would never expect him to say.

'' Jian... Take my shirt off. ''

How exactly did we end up in that position? 

In a way, even I wasn't sure of it, but it all started when I was kicked out of bed in the morning by a very excited Haneul. She moved in to my room about two weeks ago and I still wasn't sure if I regretted suggesting that or not. She was always awake before me and going to sleep a lot later than I did, so I learned only a while ago where exactly she lived. There was a room in the inn that she shared with five other girls that worked here and she didn't really seem to mind it, but I thought that she would like having a bit more space and in a matter of a couple of hours, my bed was already turned in to a bunkbed. Haneul brought her stuff here and my peaceful evenings turned in to her chatting away and not even realising that I fell asleep like five minutes in to another one of her meaningless stories about things like how she discovered there were exactly twenty steps from the first to the second floor of the inn.

Haneul had special plans for that day and all she needed was to complete her daily chores. I was going to go look for Jinah and ask her what did she need me to help her with, when Chanyeol came running down the slope from his house. He was glancing over his shoulder with a panicked expression on his face, then we saw how Baekhyun's mother passed him on a bicycle. She screamed something at him and he ended up tripping, landing on his face and rolling down the slope. The woman evilly laughed at the sight of his pain, stopped her bicycle next to him and pulled some plasters from her pocket before she disappeared down towards the centre of the town. 

My blonde haired friend seemed to know what was wrong, because she opened her mouth and screamed as soon as the red faced and bruised Chanyeol showed up at the entrance of the inn: '' Not it! ''

'' What's the matter? '' I blurted out, looking between her and the tired guy with a confused expression on my face.

'' Me neither! '' Chanyeol shouted while catching his breath and leaned forward, with his hands on his knees. '' Wow, I completely forgot that we have Jian in our group now! I already thought that I was going to lose like the last time! I should've known not to open the door to Baekhyun's mum! ''

I frowned and seriously asked: '' What did I just unknowingly sign up for? ''

Haneul evilly laughed and pointed at me. '' It's your turn to suffer now! ''

'' Can someone explain to me what is happening? I thought I already survived all the pains of living on this island! '' I whined and narrowed my eyes in a glare.

Chanyeol took another deep breath and ran through his messy bright red hair with his hand. '' Baekhyun is sick. He woke up with a fever this morning and you are in charge of taking care of him today. Good luck. The last time I was the one that had to look after him and it was probably one of the worst days of my life. It was in the middle of winter and that idiot was having some kind of delusions from his fever, I turned around one second and when I looked back I could see some kids strapping him to a sled and pushing him down the snowy slope that's by our house. ''