six years special

***

***

SIX YEARS LATER

Every season had it's ups and downs, but there has always been something particularly special about summer.

Summer was the season when Hando island came to life. Flowers bloomed on trees once again and farmers returned to their fields. Inns began to get crowded with new tourists and fishermen covered their boats with fresh coats of paint. Shops and market got filled with fresh fruits and vegetables that didn't grow in the winter and the island's only ice cream shop, reopened it's doors.

Seagulls were flying low above the blue and glistening sea, the port was busy with people and you could hear the distant sound of boat horns that the ships were using to say hello to each other in the open waters. The summer heat was starting to become more noticeable these days, but it had yet to become unbearable. Inn workers were squinting at the strong sun while picking up the clean pillow cases, sheets and other laundry that they hung up that early morning, shop owners were polishing windows and setting up their merchandise and loud chatter was coming through the opened doors of seafood restaurant kitchens. 

The preparations for summer were not to be taken lightly on Hando island and Byun Baekhyun and I couldn't escape from our busy schedules either.

'' What are you two even doing? ''

I raised my head at the sound of Haneul's loud screaming and started waving my hands through the air. My blonde best friend and my other best friend Chanyeol, were standing next to Baekhyun and frowning at him in confusion. I didn't hear the duo approach the island's lighthouse, but now that they were here, I spotted the bicycles that they left on top of a nearby cliff before they had to walk down to the stone pier that was leading to it. The ocean waves crashing on the rocks, did an amazing job at concealing any sound. When you were on top of the lighthouse, it was just you and the incredible view of the clear blue ocean waters. That was why I liked coming up here.

'' Isn't it obvious? '' Baekhyun asked and ran through his messy blonde hair with his hand. He was in the middle of trying to fix the broken light of the lighthouse, while I was cleaning the glass that was surrounding it. 

Haneul raised an eyebrow and looked at Baekhyun in doubt. '' Are you even qualified for that- ''

I stopped waving my hands through the air and threw my cleaning rag on the ground. '' Now you've done it. I asked him the same thing when he told me about the job this morning and he didn't speak to me... Well, since this morning. He's supposed to be qualified for everything. ''

Chanyeol and Haneul exchanged a look, while Baekhyun pointed at me and protested: '' The reason why I didn't speak to you since this morning, is because you refuse to admit that I'm right! I know that you are taking out your frustrations on me because you are still hung up over that stupid documentary critique! ''