chapter 13

***

***

The blazing sun was burning my cheeks and I was lazily rowing through the water. The ocean was crystal clear and calm and I could hear the sound of people that were having fun on the beach in the distance. My wooden boat looked like it was going to sink at any moment and it leaned dangerously left or right every time I made one wrong movement. It was my job to supervise the fishing equipment and other belongings that were stacked on one side of it, but it was tremendously boring and I was playing around with my camera to make time pass faster, changing the focus and trying to film the colourful corals on the bottom of the ocean. The unnerving feeling of being trapped and in danger kept clawing on the back of my mind, but I was trying not to think of it and watch everyone else instead.

Baekhyun, Jinah, Haneul and Kyungsoo were all helping a fisherman's son from the village that day. His name was Minseok and he asked for someone to help him catch crabs, octopuses, mussels and other sea creatures like that and to my surprise a team gathered in no time. It was somehow really fascinating how the people from this place were always ready to give a hand to somebody that needed it, even if Haneul clearly stated how she wanted to get some mussels in return. She was practically drooling at the thought of the seafood soup she was planning to ask the cook's helper Chen to make for her and I could see her swimming around the cliffs in excitement.

I was laying on the boat, the straw hat that Haneul stole from Chanyeol was covering my face and I could almost feel myself melting under the strong summer sun. The boat was becoming more and more loaded with buckets of things that everyone managed to gather around the cliffs, but I didn't dare to look in to any one of them. I began to doze off and I was just about to fall asleep when something cold suddenly touched my leg. My eyes immediately snapped open because I thought it was Haneul attacking me with sea cucumbers again, but then I saw it was just Baekhyun trying to scare me. A sigh of relief came out of my mouth, then his lips stretched in to a devilish smile and he lifted the same black thing from the water. '' City prawn, what does this remind you off? ''

I glanced at the black sea cucumber with doubt and mumbled: '' You know, I usually don't say anything when you laugh at the same jokes as a five year old, but... This is going too far. You better throw that thing back in the water, or you will see just how mean I can get. ''

'' That's not true, you always say something about my jokes, '' he childishly mumbled and pouted. Then his eyes shined and he pushed his wet blonde hair up with his diving mask. He was swimming on the side of the boat and I could see his swimfins moving under water. He was wearing some really ugly light green swimming shorts and Jinah was making fun of him the whole morning how he was going to scare all the sea creatures away. '' Want to see something really funny? If you shaky it enough, this will- ''

I saw up and cringed in disgust when he began wiggling the black sea cucumber through the air until it suddenly happened. The thing got smushed in his hands and something white sprayed on my clothes. Baekhyun stopped in the middle of his sentence at the sight of the mess and his eyes slowly grew wide with surprise. Then the corner of his mouth began twitching up in amusement and I could see that he was trying to hold himself back from bursting in to laughter. '' Okay, maybe i have taken the perverted joke a bit too far. ''