chapter 5

***

***

People sometimes drove themselves to do incredible things and the dance organised by the high schoolers turned out to be a night that none of us ever forgot.

The past week was insane and in reality that Friday I wanted nothing else than to go to sleep and finally get a full night of rest. I didn't really think of many things despite being the supposed president of the dance planning committee, but I was still getting dragged around town by everybody. The owner of the biggest restaurant agreed to lend us his place if we would help the fishermen, so we ended up already getting a task for next week. The leader of the kitchen staff from my inn agreed to convince his workers to make the food tonight, since his son was graduating and he wanted to help. We stole paper from the trash boat and cut it out in to a million flowers and other decorations and even made invites for everybody.

I was truly amazed by how hard everyone worked and the way some inhabitants of the island agreed to help us without even asking anything in return. The event quickly turned much bigger than we ever thought it would and the tourists that were currently at the island started to get curious and say that they were going to come check it out. Everything seemed to be going perfectly and the students were getting ready for their special day. I heard some girls talking and giggling about how they were going to show up in dresses that they otherwise never really got to wear and guys were complaining about the ties their mothers wanted them to wear, but everyone was looking forward to tonight.

I had to admit to myself that I was quite excited, even if I wasn't planning to wear a dress or anything like that. My doctor actually wanted me to take of the bandages that were on my arms for tonight, but I wasn't even nearly ready enough to do something like that in front of so many people. I visited her earlier and she assured me that I would still look beautiful, but I was planning to leave my never ending debate of trying to decide between short sleeves and long sleeves for another day. Instead I was walking around the town square, messing around with my camera, trying to figure out how it worked and filming the decorations on the buildings.

My lens suddenly caught the view of something and I instantly froze. Chanyeol and Haneul were squatted behind a pile of wooden crates and whispering to each other about something. It seemed like there was something wrong and I was hoping they wouldn't notice me and drag me in another one of their crazy plans, but then they simultaneously turned their heads and looked directly at me.

Their faces were deathly serious and the three of us were just looking at each other at first, then Haneul slowly raised her hand and gestured at me to come closer. I blinked and slowly shook my head in response. She narrowed her eyes and started gesturing more intensively. I shook my head again and took a step back. That was when a shadow fell over her features and I turned around and broke in to a run. I didn't get far before she tackled me on the ground and Chanyeol grabbed my leg and dragged me in to the darkness where they were hiding.