Chapter I: A New Enemy

A/N: Sorry about to the long wait, here's a chapter of the third and final book of the Ace of Spades Trilogy. I'm currently on a trip to Florida which will take two weeks. Slow updates will follow

The Nevermore Grimm screeches, as it crashed through the bell-tower as the last line of defence of the village, two remaining riflemen were crushed beneath the foothold of the Creatures of Grimm, a mother, terrified and panicking, held the hand of the young cat Faunus, no more than 12 years old in her arms. Shushing her as she kept an eye out for Grimm, heading into the basement of one of their houses before the beowolves entered the village, the shrill screaming of townspeople echoed throughout the night as the mother and girl kept quiet.

???: I-I'm scared...

The girl whimpered, the mother only nodded her head slowly and listened very closely as they both tried to mask their fear. Very soon the growls of the Grimm and screams of remaining survivors slowly died down as the night progressed. The mother and the girl later escaped the destroyed settlement once the sun rose once again in the morning with no sign of Grimm in the vicinity.

This girl's name was Amber Zarrick...

Timeskip: 4 Years Later
Huntsman Prep Academy...

Amber had just finished a game of chess with a fellow student of hers, herself winning the game recently by checkmate. The student exclaimed in anger at her for a rematch as Amber strutted away victoriously.

It was then she saw a news bulletin on the nearby cafeteria Television. All other students gathered around to get a closer look at what was trending.

Reporter: Terrorist attacks from the White Fang have increased steadily along the past few months, along with bomb attacks on Huntsman-run facilities by the newest addition to deadliest individuals in Vale, the youngest terrorist ever active in history, the Ace of Spades. Police were again destroyed in a back-up bomb that was hidden in a nearby car next to the police forces that arrived onto the scene of a sniper attack on two now deceased local huntsmen of the Vale Guard.

The screen then cut to the chief of police making a speech.

Police Chief: We're dealing with a strategist here, a criminal genius... he appears to be able to predict what almost our every move is... he's escaped the police many times using a semblance that was never identified by the detective that narrowly survived an encounter with the young boy. It's such a tragedy to see such a young mind and individual full of hidden potential become an enemy of us.

Male Huntsman: BOOO! FUCK YOU!

Male Huntsman 2: If I graduate and I see that guy! I'ma fucking rip his little nonexistent balls off!

Female Huntress: Ace of Spades is a stupid name, why not like, the Angel of Death or something?

Amber's POV

The Death Card, the Ace of Spades is considered the death card throughout history and the highest card in the deck. I now have a reason to fear him... sometimes there are things in this world that you have to be afraid of... fear's natural... it's what keeps us living after all.

I silently thought, as I stood in the crowd whilst they guffawed, booed and cursed out at the Ace of Spades. I then realized that I never knew his actual name, I'd never seen the news ever state his real name, perhaps he's paid corrupted  officers, or an alias to throw them off... no I'd have seen a name by then anyways.

This boy's a smart one, It would be good to have a worthy opponent to play against in chess for once out of all these uncultured illiterates. An equal is what most people lack these days... What would it be like to meet him?

Me: So, Ace of Spades I guess this is where our little journey begins... I've yet to meet you in person... but perhaps I'll have to keep you on my mind for a while.

Y/N's POV
{2 Months Before The Raid on Beacon}.

My newest and most danger mission yet... an infiltration of one of the most prestigious academies in all of Remnant. A Beacon of light... of hope.

Why must such a deceiving monument exist? Why must people be forced to face a fantasy realm of heroes, when dozens of huntsmen are dying left and right either way?... The minimum recruitment of kids has now dropped to ages of 17 just a few months ago.

Shows how desperate Ozpin is to get new pawns on the field...

Pawns that'll serve no purpose other than to stall the Queen's advance. How insane and pathetic must one be to sacrifice kids like these to become the idol that Blau was to me?...

God! That angers me so much!... Nevertheless, the stakes will no, SHALL fall... the Pawn's defences will stand no match for the Knight's arrival, for the Knight can get behind the lines... And destroy the defence from within.

The plan is still in it's drafting states, but it's coming together quite nicely. All a bunch of infiltration, distractions, evasions and a bomb during the Formal Dance. All I have... but I'll get it going soon enough,

Me: I'm coming for you Ozpin! It'll only be a matter of time, time the one thing ironically... on MY side.

I smirked slyly...

Name: Amber Zarrick
Height: 5ft 4in
Age: 17 (16 in the flashback and 12 during the village sequence.)
Hair Colour: Dirty Blonde
Eye Colour: Green
Gender: Female
Race: Cat Faunus
Semblance: ???
Clothing: Blue Jeans, Grey Hoodie, White Sneakers.
Weapon: Two Throwing Knives & A Wristwatch Shield.

Info: Not a fully trained huntress, but with the destruction of her village and the later death of her mother to her own race's mistakes, Amber had decided to become a huntress at age 13 and gained a solid reputation among her classmates as a big-brained strategist. She is almost always intellectually competitive and can be deadly accurate with her logical predictions (& throwing knives.)