Chapter IX: The Alliance

-3rd Person POV-

Ace: What? M-my memories... T-they were never real?

Ace asked himself, he didn't want to believe it. But he somewhat had to, the revelation unfolding flawlessly as he tried to denounce the very truth of the lie that was his 'past' life.

Amber: I've never seen anything like that! Amnesia is one thing, with their memories being stored in what I like to call the 'reserves' of their brain... But Ace, that was something entirely different.

Ace and Amber both were at a loss for words at what they had just experienced.

Ace: Whatever the past, now is top priority, you broke me out of here Amber. We have to go now, if of course you want this deal to remain valid even if we're serving time in separate jail cells across Remnant.

Amber snapped out of it.

Amber: Right, come on.

She motioned. Ace ran after her as they dashed past a few recovering police officers, though what Amber used was a special composition that messed with the eyes after first contact. Meaning that they weren't able to see them getting away. Ace quickly went into Evidence Containment and retrieved his signature butterfly knife, while seeing the police officers coughing and rubbing their eyes out.

Ace: Hm, gas... Nice method.

Spade complimented. They exited the complex as they ran into the unmarked waiting car.

Asher: Sis! Where were you guys, you were about 40 seconds late from what you estimated Amber!

Elle: I'm still glad you made it.

Elle said, suddenly then seeing the Ace of Spades landing in the seat right next to her.

Asher: Oh, Ace of Spades! It's nice to meet y-

Ace: Shut up Cat Boy and drive!

Ace ordered, Asher, stunned by his overly-aggressive tone, put the pedal to the metal and floored it down the street back to a designated area near their hotel.

-Timeskip Amber's POV-

Now, the Ace of Spades stood opposite of all four of us, leaning against the wall. Staring at us with those cold, ruthless unblinking eyes of his, one scarlet... one black.

Caine: Yo, Ace my boi. I remember you, back at Beacon.

Ace smiled a bit, but then lost his grin. Reverting to an angry stare.

Ace: Yeah, I know. You were that pothead junkie who wouldn't stop hitting on girls... also MY girlfriend Lilith. To be exact... I hated you a lot.

Caine growled and leapt up from his position, approaching Ace as Asher tried to grab him. Not for Ace's safety though...

Caine: What you say to me bi-

He didn't have the time to finish, Ace smacked his temple, and then kicked out his feet from beneath. Taking Caine's whip and throwing it across the room, having him pinned against the floor.

Ace: Try me Holdt, I know your fighting moves. I studied your style back at Beacon as I did with all Huntsmen. I probably even know what move you're going to do even before you do it. Adding to that know at least 2 counters to each and every one of your attacks or defences... And I'm the bitch?