Chapter III: Amber's Deal

Y/N's POV

I overlooked Beacon's re-construction from afar whilst the night was setting in, after quickly scuttling the boat I'd stolen. I finally set my feet on land hopefully unseen, feeling the soil crumble before my feet. I looked around to make sure no-one had spotted me. Then I began to make my way to the city, a long distance to walk... but no one gets anything out of nothing.

Now with Menagerie out of the way, I could focus on how to get my eventual revenge on Salem. But how to kill her?...

Y/N: She could be a supernatural being. Therefore requiring supernatural items to dispose of her... No, there's almost no such thing, apart from Caleb's Semblance. She may be quote unquote 'all powerful' and Grimm-like, but nothing's ever indestructible. Not even Salem, I'll find a way to destroy her one way or another.

But second of all, I gotta get back to Vale. The city itself has a lot of people in the underworld, people who've heard of me... and others who support me. Well, better get going.

Salem's POV

Another Grimm attack this morning by Tenebris, who's been a great leader for the Grimm, but with the absence of Y/N as a parasite in Ozpin's society, it's going to become a lot more difficult with the public's concern on the Grimm now over 'The Ace of Spades' as Y/N calls himself

Tenebris stepped up to me in human form, she knelt down before me as she began to speak.

Tenebris: My lady, my Grimm forces have again been repelled by the Huntsmen and Huntresses in Vale. My apologies for my failure.

Salem: Hmm, never mind that Tenebris... You've been keeping an eye on Y/N is that right?

She doesn't step up, but she does answer.

Tenebris: Um, no I haven't... I've been preoccupied with the Grimm attacks. I apologize my Mistress.

Salem: That's alright, I do still need one capable of commanding my Grimm armies.

Tenebris: I thank you, my mistress.

I then stopped and turned and snapped at the large door that made up the entrance to her huge palace. The doors parted as a figure came walking in, a small girl. Blonde hair, green eyes and decked out in a hoodie, jeans and shoes. Amber Zarrick, a young cat Faunus who came into contact with me a few weeks ago.

Salem: Ms. Zarrick? Is it?

Amber raised her head, removing her hood and exposing her blooming cat ears. She then slowly nodded.

Amber: Yes, I hope you haven't forgotten what I had said. I had requested a meeting with you, don't you remember that.

The young girl said, tilting her head to the side. Tenebris had left by now, leaving both me and Amber in the palace.

Salem: Not at all, please have a seat.

Amber sat opposite of me. Taking out a small notebook of hers. She exhaled, and began speaking.

Amber: The Ace of Spades, Y/N L/N. He's alive isn't he?

Salem squinted her eyes, but relaxed and nodded a little.

Salem: How is it you came to the conclusion young Amber?

Amber: I'd seen a rather strange news report from Menagerie. I would've dismissed it, considering the fact that it involved an explosion, and a boat getting stolen.

Salem: Well, Y/N. Looks like you've escaped...  I'm rather impressed by that, though I guess I should've kept you here as prisoner until I needed you thereafter... Hmm, please continue.

The Grimm-esque woman stared interested in what she had to hear from the girl.

Amber: I have reason to believe that the Ace of Spades is still alive. But the only thing that mesmerized me was the fact that he couldn't get from Atlas to Menagerie in a few hours, and he had been confirmed deceased by huntresses Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long at Schnee Mansion. I also overheard Adam Taurus talking about you and what your next orders were to be which is how I found out about you that brought me talking to you a week ago, So that begs the question, did you dump that boy and is he still alive.

I only stood up, summoning the jar containing his power. The black dust eagerly tried to penetrate the glass it was furious and angry, just like Y/N was.

Salem: Yes, he is. I left him in Menagerie thinking that it would contain him for at least a few weeks, however. He failed me on a previous mission, this jar contains his sealed semblance. Meaning he's venerable for the time being.

Amber: Hmm, I see. Well then Salem. May I ask for a small, itty bitty deal then if you don't mind.

She asked me, finished writing down in her notebook, placing it in her hoodie frontal pocket.

Amber: If it allowed you, would it be permissible for me to go after the Ace of Spades. And capture him?... When I come back, I'll hand him to you, and you give me tactical command of the Grimm.

This surprised me, the girl thinks she could take down Y/N. Ace of Spades. 

Salem: Hmm, what's your reason for wanting to take command of the Grimm?

Salem asked, Amber grimaced.

Amber: It's good to settle a personal rivalry made by me against the Ace of Spades a few years ago... to prove I'm the more intellectual one... but it's not really about him.

Salem: Oh, well then what is it, Please explain.

Amber looked at Salem, straight into her red eyes with her green ones.

Amber: I want to kill Adam Taurus and Sienna Khan, nothing more. When they're dead, I'll take control of the White Fang, and disband them. They've rotted to the point where their actions can be called anything but noble. They've left a stain on my species' history, and I'm cleaning it out, with the very blood of the organization itself.

Salem: Ambitious young lady, ambitious indeed. Very well, I'll grant you this request, you have much potential in you... Maybe even as much potential as I saw in Y/N all those years ago... Perhaps...

I said, she smiled.

Amber: Thank you, I won't fail you on this... Though, just note I have a clue to how ambitious you are as well, try not to misuse or manipulate me as a pawn. It might have, consequences...

Amber turned to walk, I revelled in her persistence. Maybe she'll be the one who'll bring the great Ace of Spades to his knees. Who knows.