Chapter XI: Instinct

Jaune flailed his whip-like appendage as I back flipped out of it's reach. It lashed onto the floor as I kept my butterfly knife handy.

Jaune's new look didn't teally suit him I have to say...

Jaune: You'll pay for what you've done to me!

Elle engaged Jaune from behind with her metallic bladed fan, as I dodged another whip crack. Jaune turned his head and grabbed her neck,  she gasped as he sent her flying towards me. I quickly dodged her as I threw my knife at Jaune's head, it embedded into his arm as he tried to block it. Causing him to yell in pain.

Me: Come on first you try and pick up girls... he he. Now you, pick up girls?! Damn I love myself.

Jaune: Shut up!

He cried, pulling my knife out of his arm utilizing his whip, and throwing it back to me, which I caught.

Me: Gee thanks.

Jaune: That was for your head...

Me: Nice telling what you were going to do after you tried to do it.

I replied with a snarl.

Jaune then pulled out a black sword, not unlike the ones that SALEM wielded when she banished me. Oh why haven't I figured it out before... Jaune Arc, Salem, she controlled the Grimm. She could know what they were looking at, she mist've retrieved him and used him as an Ace in the Hole against her Ace in the Hole. Well played Salem... I have to admit.

Jaune charged forward, sword in hand. I leapt over him as his dark blade clanked onto the concrete floor where I once stood. My fist connected with his temple as he held his ringing ear, I kicked him to the ground and slashed his leg with my butterfly knife.

Jaune: GAHHH! B-but how'd you know... My new Grim limbs didn't have aura...

Me: You suspect me as an idiot? Grimm aren't protected by aura. Which means your replacements held the same traits.

Jaune didn't waste time with a response, he grunted and grabbed my right arm with his whip. I tried to pull it off but it was admittedly goddamn strong! Jaune flung me over his head as Elle, now recovered, ran towards him.

Elle: NO!

She tackled him and repeatedly struck his chest, all her blows were stopped by his still active aura. Jaune countered by swiping her fan away with his organic arm and kicking her to the other side of the room. I had just stood up as the fucker than knocked me into the floor and impaled my leg with his blade, twisting it as it embedded into the ground more.

Me: Aghh!

My aura had by then rapidly healed up my wound to the point where it encompassed the blade itself, but Jaune then laughed.

Jaune: What a turn of events, mu leg was impaled by you, so I figured. Why not do the opposite?

I grunted in slight pain as I did my best to ignore it.

Me: You, should've.

Jaune: What? Should've what?!

He asked.

Me:: You should've gone for the head.