Chapter XVIII: The Sinister Plan (Filler)

- (Y/N)'s POV -

Operation Nightingale

The Final Strategy, as I called it. Amber still knew nothing of my true intentions, killing Salem was only the first part of Operation Nightingale. The Grimm follow a pack mentality, always following the strongest and dominant figure. Should I kill Salem, the Grimm will look to me as it's leader with the snake's head cut off. Destruction of the Huntsmen and their pathetic academies are at hand...

Lilith: "Is everything going as planned (Y/N)? Surely nothing's strayed off your vision has it?"

She asks, walking up behind me as I wrote out elements of the plan on a piece of paper.

(Y/N): "Nothing too it Lilith, nothing has gone off track now. Convincing Sienna to help us in our mission against Salem wasn't as hard as I thought it was. She's surprisingly gratuitous for us saving her life. Until... We got to Amber's deal of her ruling the White Fang..."

I stared at my bloody butterfly knife. Good thing the Faunus were informed of Sienna's 'assassination' by Adam Taurus. I knew keeping the disguises were a good idea.

Lilith: "Well, the only part that concerns me is... Salem's invincibility... I've heard you mumbling about it in your sleep."

(Y/N): "You listened to me sleeping?"

Lilith: "Besides the point, I'm just worried about you. How are you supposed to kill what can't die."

(Y/N): "I've analyzed my strategy extremely carefully, Salem's powerful but she's Grimm... No aura whatsoever to protect her. Hurting her's gonna be a cinch, and I exaggerated about actually killing her..."

I unsheathed Wilt, the now deceased Adam's sword in my hands. Gazing at it for a moment, smirking slightly.

(Y/N): "...I just gotta mess her up, really... really bad. She actually has to be dead to be resurrected in full healthy shape. The Grimm are too primal and stupid to know if she's still alive or not after that."

Lilith: "Smart observation."

She compliments.

(Y/N): "Let's see how our 'army' is doing..."

We both exit the room, and head into the hangar of another major White Fang base. Bullheads were stocking up with weapons, White Fang soldiers were arming themselves to the teeth and Amber writing in her scroll she seemed to be focused. As if she was planning something, I decided to try and check it out.

(Y/N): "Lilith, I'll check with you later."

Lilith: "No problem."

She walked away.

(Y/N): "Hey Amber, how's it going?"

She quickly stored her scroll away.

Amber: "Nothing much, I'm just waiting."

I nodded slowly.

(Y/N): "What were you writing there on your scroll."

She lost her smile, before responding.

Amber: "This has nothing to do with betraying you. Don't be so paranoid."

She scoffs.

(Y/N): "I know I fulfilled your end of the bargain, the White Fang is completely under your control, but now you have to help me."

Amber: "I will, I just need to know if you have a plan..."

(Y/N): "I do. Explosives?"

I asked, Amber nodded.

Amber: "Buckets of 'em."

(Y/N): "Get the most powerful ones, strong enough to bring down a building."

I barked to a dog Faunus, pushing a cart of C4. He nods, and goes back to the explosives room.

(Y/N): "Soon, this thorn in our side will be gone. I guess Remnant'll owe us a debt of gratitude.

Amber: "You? Ha, fat chance of that."

I smiled and chuckled.

(Y/N): "Hey, I was being sarcastic. Anyways, get the White Fang ready to move out. Position them as so, in order to distract Salem's Grimm forces. So me, Lilith and Cain are able to place the charges on the castle and defeat Salem."

Amber: "They'll do their job well, just wonder what they'll do off with when I finally dismantle this rotten organization."

(Y/N): "One can only guess."

I smiled, staring down at my watch detonator. Ticking down, symbolic of Salem's last hours as ruler of the Grimm.