Chapter II: Where to Start?

Y/N's POV
4 Days Since Operation Keikaku

It's been days now since I've been expelled from Salem's sight... she said I'd be put on the 'waiting list',  well she's probably found a replacement for me... well he's not been doing well.

Not a major thing has happened since then, only a couple of Major Grimm Attacks with relatively low casualties. I've yet to see a devastating blow to humanity's moral and resources with the Dust Shortage going on right now. Beacon Academy has now already begun its slow albeit unacceptable reconstruction following the events that happened in Atlas.

I've discovered that many things have happened since then, Whitely, Weiss' little brother was the only Schnee survivor of Operation Keikaku, the major Dust Deposits owned by the Schnee Dust Company were all but annihilated in desperation to agree to my terms, the Atlesian Army was weakened when the rebels were all tried and fired from the army, purges occurred for officers and soldiers that actually adhered and agreed to my message I had sent to them. Lilith and Aurora also took charge of the stronger Atlesian Mafia after my alleged death, they'll be okay... I know so.

I still had my plan against Salem, but I was stuck on what do to for it, I had only coined up the idea of killing Salem myself and ruling over the Grimm yet I don't know how I'm going to do it yet.

What's needed? A way to get into the Netherworld... and a way to Kill Salem.

Two things I don't have...

For one thing I must know Salem's fighting style, a weakness in her and a way to exploit it and defeat her. The only card I have to play is the fact that she doesn't see me as a threat without my semblance and therefore should give me a window of opportunity to go in for the kill.

The board's set, the playing field's even. Salem's protected now... Got to probe the defences and find a weak point. The barrier between Remnant and the Netherworld is a real problem here.

The only people who have gotten close to getting a portal into the currently 'theoretical' netherworld. Is a Research Facility in Vacuo. Which is miles from where I am right now, a freaking bar in Menagerie with a couple of false ears.

What is there to do?

First there's the need to get off this island without getting literally fucking lynched by the Faunus. Next there's how to kill Salem... Alright first things first as they say.

Me: Getting off this island's gonna be almost too easy. The hard part comes later...

I assured myself, as I grabbed the very last of the Fire Dust Grenades I had snatched from the Serenity when I had escaped. I'm getting out of this shithole, one way or another no question of morality will stop me from doing so.

Timeskip

It wasn't my fault the Faunus children decided to pull the pin on the goddamn grenade. The grenade was meant to draw attention from the docks to the grenade itself as it drew a large crowd, people called the police or they continuously decided on what to do with it as I made my escape.

Me: All their fault, not mine...

I said to no one, having thrown the drunk sailor over the side as the boat pulled away. I silently whistled a tune as I heard chaos unfolding on the shore.

Me: Phase One of Operation Ovethrow complete.

I whispered to myself, looking back at the small island I left behind. The distance between it and me growing by the second.

Amber's POV

The Ace of Spades had been increasing his activities in the past few months. He's quote unquote 'died' already during the Serenity Disaster, though these last two major attacks of his were unlike any the world of Remnant has ever seen before.

While the White Fang and Mafia have been only attacking the big corporations like The Schnee Dust Company. The Ace of Spades has been extremely bold, attacking the lifeblood of Remnant, Huntsmen and Dust.

He's destroyed Beacon Academy, Students have increasingly declined memberships for the major Huntsmen academy by 60%, fearing the Ace of Spades, unlike the Mafia and Terrorist organizations, he has struck deep into the heart of the Dust industry, major deposit sites were blown up by his request as his bargain. The Schnee family all but eliminated with the exception of the youngest sibling and the middle child whom is still in critical condition.

This left the Dust Economy in shambles. Everything's been going to hell for the past few days. Riots, job cuts, and major inflations in which the citizens cannot keep up with. This isn't an unfortunate side effect of reckless & mindless assaults on the people, this is cold, calculated and deliberate slashes at our most vulnerable sections of life.

The Dust Industries and Huntsmen Academy System is both an advantage and Achilles Heel for us... If it's broken, we're crippled.

He's made way for the finisher punch, that never came. His death at the hands of huntresses Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long was a huge relief for the world. But Grimm attacks were going up, at a rate which has been draining our resources for a long time now.

The Ace of Spades is unlike any terrorist or 'petty criminal' as the media called him, I've ever seen before... He's onto something, I'm gonna find out what...