Chapter XX: Burning Butterflies

- (Y/N)'s POV -

The cliff almost caught one of us as we approached, the path to Salem's castle was treacherous indeed. Enough to nearly get us killed. We breathed s sigh of relief, until a feminine demonic-like voice shouted out at us.

Tenebris: "Ace of Spades! My blade is your death!"

Jaune: "You will not kill my mistress! I will see to that!"

We all turned to see the two of them leaping down at us, both had a similar black ember-based sword. Tenebris went for me, Jaune attacked both Amber and Caine.

(Y/N): "Well well well, Salem's dog has appeared to do her master's bidding."

Tenebris: "You're a man of many words... and too few ways out of this!"

She swung her blade at me, I dodged it using my semblance. Kicking her forwards. Madly slashing with my butterfly knife, she grunted in pain as she grabbed me by the hoodie and flung me down the cliff. I was however, able to grab the side of the cliff and use my semblance to speed back up, past Tenebris' feet. Forming up behind her, butterfly knife ready to strike.

(Y/N): "Surprise bitch!"

I dug it into her shoulder as she howled out, she writhed around trying to get me off of her. I hung onto the handle of the blade as she shook about, until the blade lost it's grip on her Grimm flesh and it sent me flying, bumping into a tall exposed rock near the cliff, my strong aura was able to counteract the brute force as I got back up and dusted myself off.

- Amber's POV -

Amber: "Give it up Jaune! It's two against one!"

He denied to listen. Caine swung his mace at him, smacking him in the chest. Though we could see bits of aura defending his human parts. His Grimm limbs were venerable, that's where I'll strike.

Jaune: "Don't be foolish, I hold greater power than I've ever had!"

I pull out my two throwing knives, backhanding both of them. Jaune caught Caine's mace with his Grimm tentacle arm. I threw one of my knives into it.

Jaune: "Ahhh!"

Caine: "Get the fuck off of my weapon you Abomination! You fucking piece of shit!"

Caine yelled, Jaune cried out in pain aswell. He swung his sword and we got into a knife vs sword battle. He parried my attacks while trying to hold off Caine long enough.

Amber: "Give it up Jaune!"

Jaune: "Never!"

I was able to grab my other knife I had thrown and pulled it out of Jaune's Grimm arm. Attempting to stab him with both of my knives. He's more Grimm than human now... he's bound to have an exposed area in his aura somewhere. He blocked both of my arms while holding back Caine for as long as he could. I grunted in growing anger whilst I held my knives in stabbing position right above his chest, he struggled with both tasks as my knives inched closer towards his chest.

Amber: "I'm sorry..."

I said, before I pushed with all my might. Jaune began to yell as his chest was penetrated by my blades. His Grimm tentacle let go of Caine's mace as it wrapped itself around my neck. Effortfully trying to strangle me. I firmly resisted as Caine smashed his mace into Jaune's legs, he screamed while his tentacle loosened around my neck. I shoved in my blades further, but he grabbed my wrists and tried to pull them out.

Caine: "DIE"

He pulled out a pistol, shooting Jaune's head multiple times. Jaune's aura deflected almost all of the shots. But Caine did not stop shooting, Jane struggled to remove the knives which were militing his aura and had to endure the repeated blows from Caine's mace and his pistol.

Eventually, his aura broke and Caine finished him with a bullet to the head. Jaune's tentacle hand and most of his Grimm-like appendages vanished and turned to smoke as his human side remained.

Caine: "Perhaps we can work together effectively kitten..."

I heard Caine boast behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

Amber: "Don't touch me."

I shook his hand off. He grunted in disappointment. As (Y/N) suddenly formed up beside us from his semblance form.

(Y/N): "If you're done with Mr. I Suck At Fighting, could you help me with Tenebris here?"

The woman had already morphed into her Grimm form. The Albino Beowolf roared at us, it's claws sharper than the sharpest swords I've ever seen.

(Y/N): "I've got an idea. Try to lure her over to the rock near the cliff we almost fell into..."

Caine: "You sure 'bout that?"

He semblance'd away as Caine began to swing his mace once more, I removed my two throwing knives.from what remained of Jaune's human corpse.

Caine: "Die!"

Caine charged forward, I grabbed an SMG that he dropped and fired bursts at the white Beowolf. It growled and charged at me. I continuously circled her as Caine fired his pistol at it.

(Y/N) made it undetected to the rock we're supposed to lure her to. But she wasn't even near it yet.

He had duct-taped a Fire Dust grenade onto his butterfly knife handle. Holding it by the grenade in stabbing position.

(Y/N): "Why is she not here yet?"

He mouthed to me. I shrugged. Suddenly I heard a scream as Caine was backhanded by the Beowolf, so hard that when he hit an exposed rock. His head snapped back with a large CRACK. His slumped over form didn't get back up from his that.

Tenebris: "Now only do you realize... your friend (Y/N) has used you! Set you up for failure as he slipped away."

This is when I saw my opportunity... I began to maneuver around the white Grimm so I had my back against the long drop of a cliff as Tenebris found out about my positioning strategy.

Tenebris: "Foolish Faunus, I can see what you're trying to do. Aggravate me and send me falling to my death."

Amber: "How smart of you, what's the next thing you're gonna realize. Remnant's round not flat?"

Tenebris walked over to me, grabbing me with her clawed hand. She licked her sharp pearly Beowolf teeth, preparing to eat me whole, her back turned to the rock (Y/N) leapt from, a silent jump. One not even the most sensitive of hearing could detect in one of the most peaceful of nights.

He angled his knife and drove it right into the top of her skull. Her red eyes widened with fear and pain as she dropped me. Her clawed arms drooping to the side, as she began to loose her footing. (Y/N) also pulled the pin on the grenade as he leapt off of her.

She eventually fell back, into the vast almost bottomless cliff. It was then I heard a distant explosion. (Y/N) stood near the edge of the cliff where she fell, chuckling to himself.

(Y/N): "Told you bitch. You and Salem aren't safe, wherever you hide. I will find you. Should've killed me when you had the chance."

I rolled my eyes, grabbing the bag he dropped when we were ambushed,

Amber: "When you're finished monologuing, maybe you could help me with these explosives?"

I asked. He turned and grabbed the bag from out of my hands. I grabbed my throwing knives. (Y/N) grabbed the sheath that held Taurus' sword.

- (Y/N)'s POV -

With those goons out of the way the door to Salem is finally open. Today is the day blood is spilt. I will have my revenge for your betrayal... You will kneel before me and when you do... you will die like your minions.

(Y/N): "I'm ready for this oncoming battle Salem... the only question to be asked now is. Are you?"