08.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

CHAPTER EIGHT; 08

        "Did he not pick up?" 

        "If he did I wouldn't be talking to you, Sage.

        Sage snickered. "Touche." 

        Allison laughed as well, and Sage felt relieved that she was talking to someone. Even if it wasn't who she wanted to talk to, it felt nice to have an actual conversation with a person not involved in the werewolf drama. Allison had ended up giving Sage her phone number when she dropped by the hospital the day Sage was discharged, and the two had hung out at Allison's house afterwards. It felt nice to have a girl friend.

        The only problem was that Allison was an Argent. 

        "So, how are you doing? After the whole thing—

        "I'm perfectly fine. Jackson decided to be an asshole, nothing new," Sage bluntly spoke, a bland taste on her tongue as she thought back to when the lacrosse player had forcefully pressed his lips onto her own.

        She had told Allison what happened at the hospital, how Jackson was drunk and decided to kiss her, as well as the text message she got from Stiles. She only told Allison because she didn't really have anyone else to tell; Derek would have killed Jackson, and Stiles was pissed at her so that left her new brunette friend as the final option.

        "You know that's not what I'm talking about, Sage. Have you heard from Stiles?" Allison asked.

        Sage snorted, and shifted around in the Camaro. She had taken it for a drive, and somehow she ended up in the middle of nowhere, literally, and decided to call Allison, who was trying to call Scott, who was with Derek, who doesn't know she stole the Camaro. It was like a cycle. 

        "Not a word. I'm pretty sure he's pissed at Scott too, though. Didn't you say Sheriff Stilinski got hit?" 

        Allison hummed from the other end. "Yeah, at the conference. By the way, did you ever go?

        Sage almost snorted when she thought about Derek sitting in front of Harris or Coach, listening to them babble on about how she's always late to class and is known to back talk. All she could picture was Derek smirking like an idiot because Sage is exactly like Luke, despite claiming she wasn't the first day of school. 

        "No, and they didn't ask me about it either. I guess they're afraid to ask. Everyone knows that Derek is my guardian, but I think they're afraid to ask because of having to bring up my mom and dad," Sage explained.

        That was most likely the only reason. None of the teachers wanted to deal with a blubbering orphan trying to explain that her parents couldn't come because they were dead. Granted, it would be amusing for her to experience but the teachers would probably have a nervous breakdown. 

        "Is it hard? You know, thinking about them?

        Sage couldn't help but smile when Allison asked the question. Every time she would say something about her parents, people would go all awkward and apologize at least thirty times. It was refreshing to have Allison do neither, instead continuing on with the subject. The only other person to be that blunt was Stiles. 

        "It's not as hard as it used to be. When I was younger, I would stay up at night crying and wishing they would come back. But now, it's not that I necessarily want them back, it's just that I want to have experiences normal teenagers have. I'll never have my dad walk me down the aisle, or  have my mom do my makeup for prom. I'll never be able to bicker with my brother about taking too long in the bathroom. Thinking of the moments that got taken away is the hardest part, really."