28.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

TWENTY EIGHT. 

        When the idea to shove Jackson into the back of a police transport van was brought up, Sage would like to announce that she had no part in it what-so-ever. It was yet another one of Stiles Stilinski's horribly thought out and terribly law abiding plans. It's ironic how the Sheriff's son has broken more laws than half of the town's population. Sage was the one to snicker when Stiles had difficulty getting Jackson into a proper pair of clothing rather than just a jacket to cover his parts. She was also the one to protest at the plan to put a sixteen year old boy into shackles and a transport van, even if he might have an alter ego that murders people. 

        So while Scott abandoned them to go to school, Sage and Stiles were forced to babysit the boy. Yes, it was actually just as boring as it sounded, if not more. Jackson had woken up a couple of minutes after the sun rose, all three teenagers having been awake all night to make sure he didn't escape or kill anyone. Sage was running on fumes at this point, trying her hardest to keep her eyes open as she sat on the ground alone. Stiles was talking to Jackson in the van, telling her that she needed to be outside in case anyone came. She didn't really understand who else would come aside from Scott and Allison, seeing as though they are the only two people that know since Stiles has been frequently texting Jackson's parents to let them know he was okay. 

        Sage's head started to roll onto her shoulder, starting to feel the effects of sleep deprivation. But right before she could fully fall asleep, there was a loud bang, making her shoot up and adjust her clothes. Stiles was leaving the back of the van, and she squinted, wondering why he looked so pissed off. He didn't even make eye contact as he took the seat beside her, huffing and making more odd sounds that resembled an angry bull. She turned him with raised eyebrows. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" 

        "No." 

        "Okay, then." 

        It was only a couple of minutes before Stiles started to shift uncomfortably. Sage's lip twitched into a smile, knowing that he was holding out on telling her something and could barely keep it in. He really did suck at keeping things from her. Letting out a gasp in defeat, he turned and faced the blonde. "He wants to talk to you. He says he doesn't believe anything I'm saying." 

        "Why me?" Sage asked, moving to put on the jacket that was discarded to her right. Stiles shrugged, and she scoffed out. "Thanks for the help. I'll be right back." 

        "Why are you trying so hard to protect him?" Stiles wondered. She looked over at him, stopping her actions of putting her left hand in the arm hole. "I mean, why are you trying so hard to prove that he's not some bad guy. Sage, he's killed people. Quite horrifically, I might add."

        Sage shifted uncomfortably. "I've seen bad guys before, Stiles, and I know that if you don't help them now, they just turn worse. I'm protecting him because no one else is. I don't see why you're being so defensive about this situation. He's my friend, nothing more. If Lydia was the one turning into a Kanima, wouldn't you be trying your hardest to protect her?" 

        "Yeah, but that's dif—" 

        She smiled sadly, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "It's not different. I'll be fine. Seriously, if you can't get through to him, someone has to. He's got to know what's he's doing." She got up off the ground, dusting off her pants before making her way over towards the police van. She couldn't help but feel bad about the conversation with Stiles. It seems like there was always something trying to get them to yell at each other, even before they started dating they had been like that. Stiles didn't fully trust her with Jackson, but it was vice versa with Lydia and him. The only way for their relationship to last is if they trusted each other.