19.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

CHAPTER NINETEEN; 19

        For two days, Sage was forced to stay in the hospital even though she already told Melissa and Stiles' dad that she was perfectly fine. They weren't having it, and she took her place as Lydia's roommate once again. It wasn't completely terrible, though. Lydia woke up a day ago, and since then they complained about her dickhead father, terrible hospital food that Sage refused to eat, and most of all, how suck ass formal was. Sage was informed by the dynamic duo, Stiles and Scott, that Lydia's body didn't heal, meaning she wasn't a werewolf; she also didn't die so everyone was wondering what the hell Lydia Martin was. 

        She spent a good majority of her days talking to Stiles considering he was persistent on staying at the hospital until "her ass was out of the white walls that reeked of death". A part of her felt like he was also staying because of Lydia but she shoved the thought aside as soon as it surfaced. She decided that she was tired of downgrading herself when she knew Stiles truly cared about her. The night of the formal cleared that up well enough. 

        Sage knew that Lydia was upset about the lack of Jackass because she would always shoot her head up whenever their door opened only for it to be Melissa or their creepy, perverted doctor that seemed to enjoy touching them at random moments. She had elbowed him in the gut when he asked her to lift up her shirt so he could get a better reading of her heartbeat. Lydia had done something similar when he asked to take her blood pressure. But overall, Sage grew worried about the absence of Jackson. She thought that after almost seeing his ex-girlfriend die, he would be a little more adamant on speaking with her.

        Currently in the day and life of Lydia Martin and Sage Connelly, the two girls were staring at Lydia's dad while he lingered in their room. Sage was sitting cross-cross on the bed eating some chocolate pudding, thankful that she was able to wear her own clothing after convincing Melissa she would rather go naked than wear the awful hospital gown. Her eyes followed Lydia as the strawberry blonde made a move to get up. 

        "Do you want help getting in the shower?" her dad asked, his hand outstretching to help her. Sage's face contorted in humor, watching as he made an attempt to be a real dad. She'd heard enough from Lydia about how shit of a father he was, and Sage highly doubted Lydia wanted him anywhere near her. 

        Lydia stood up. "Maybe, if I was four and still taking bubble baths." 

        "Right. I'll just wait outside then. Where it's slightly less sarcastic." 

        Sage snorted, getting up from her bed to throw away the empty pudding cup. Lydia's dad stared at her, almost giving her a look of disapproval that she had seen on too many faces of parents before. She send an overbearing smile his way, watching as he left the room. 

        "I don't see how you lived in a house with him," Sage called out to Lydia, making sure that her voice was heard over the shower water. On her way back to her bed,  she stumbled over the leg of the chair that Stiles left laying in the middle of the room last night. "Ow, okay, ouch. I'm dying. I'm dying." 

        "Are you okay?" Lydia shouted back, listening to Sage curse out as she muttered about her foot. 

        "Fine! Hurry up, I need to take a shower next!" Sage rushed, moving over to her bag full of clothes. Scott had brought it by after she texted him, thankful to have one friend that wasn't in the hospital or suffering from an extreme loss. 

        The blonde knew that Derek and Scott weren't speaking, especially after the whole 'I'm-the-alpha-now' scene, but she also got filled in that Allison and Scott were playing Romeo and Juliet. Allison told her all about how Papa Argent banned Scott and her from seeing each other after he caught them having a steamy makeout session in the car. That was brought up in between Sage's explanation of why she was harboring Lydia's wounds on her body and the awkwardness of sitting together on a bed after Allison nearly ruined her relationship.