Revelations and Situations

"I do have one question though," Chi began to ask hesitantly. She and Sky were sitting at the table drinking tea while the boys tried to find a time travel spell.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Well, I just want to know, who is your mom?" Skyler was silent and she looked down at the table. She knew she couldn't tell them but she really wished that they would realize who it was. She wanted them to be happy.

"She shouldn't say anything, we don't want to learn any information that may affect the future," Urushihara cut into the conversation. Sky was sure that he knew, he was never as clueless as the rest of the humans thought he was.

"That makes sense," Chiho agreed sadly, even though she really wanted to know.

"I just want to learn some more about Earth during this time. You hardly tell me anything," Sky said to Maou.

"How far in the future are you from anyway?" Maou asked.

"Um.. what year is it?"

"2018."

"Okay then it's been a little while. It was 2170 in my time so that would be 152 years. I celebrated my 150th birthday just a few days ago actually," Sky explained with the pride of a 5 year old expressing their age. The demons acted like that was pretty reasonable but Chiho was completely shocked.

"How long do you guys live for?" she asked quietly.

"Around 10,000 years for a regular demon but since I'm the King I should last around 50,000 if I'm not killed first," Maou answered, "I'm only 305 now. Ashiyas a little older though, your like 343 right?"

"That is correct sire."

"What about you Urushihara?" Maou asked the demon who was still on the computer, not really paying attention to the conversation.

"I dunno, lost count, pretty much from the beginning of time I guess. I was one of the first archangels created so... I'm technically immortal unless I'm killed. I'm pretty old," he shrugged.

"But you look younger than Maou and Ashiya," Chiho observed.

"We'll look around this age forever, Angels and Demons grow up until around young adulthood. Some look older than others and as some demons grow older they may mature more but that comes with really old age," Urushihara explained.

Chiho's body was rigid and she was breathing quickly, she never actually thought about their age or how much older they technically were.

Skyler's hand started to fade.

Chiho would grow up and age but they would still look the same, they'll live for thousands of years after her.

Skyler's arm was nearly transparent.

Chiho realized she couldn't be with Maou, it would never work out.

"Whoa! What's happening to me?" Sky saw herself disappearing.

"Oh no.." Maou went over to the panaking Sky, "I was afraid this might happen. You must have changed something that's changing the future so that you aren't born!"

"We have to send her back soon, who knows what else we have changed." Luci was also starting to panic while he was searching the internet for a solution.

Skyler turned to Chiho, "Stop It!"

"I'm not doing anything!" She assured.

"Yes you are so stop!" Sky commanded. The boys watched the exchange in confusion, seeing Chiho become angry. She forgot about what she was thinking, all those thoughts replaced by anger that this girl, that she had just met, would accuse her of doing something to her. She was about to retort when Skyler started to become visible again. The tension in the room lowered when SKy became fully tangible.

"Yeah you were," Sky said, a cocky smirk evident on her face. "It looks late anyways, you should probably go home now." Chi stormed out after saying goodbye.

"Were going to have to be more careful," Maou advised, they all nodded in agreement. "I have work off tomorrow so we'll have more time to come up with a solution during the day." Maou and Ashiya laid down on their futons while Urushihara got into his box and Sky laid down next to it. Maou looked over at the two of them but decided he wouldn't say anything about what he saw before.

After a while Sky got back up and grabbed the computer while Luci pulled his earbuds out of his box. They spent the rest of the night like the one before, and while they watched Disney movies he made a silent vow, that he would do anything to make sure she is born and has the greatest childhood; he can't wait till that happens.