The Little Wolf Strikes

Wade's POV

I need to figure out a way to get rid of this pest. Max and I are cousins and we were the best of friends. That is until he stole my girlfriend in high school. We never mended our relationship since then. After I caught them sleeping together, I punched him and left. I didn't need an explanation since I saw them going at it like wild animals. My heart was poisoned by the two people that I loved. From that moment on I decided not to get in serious relationships. He tried calling me but I never picked up.

As the years passed we saw each other and only spoke if necessary. He tried to bring it up many times, but I wouldn't listen. After many years, any trace of friendship that we had disappeared. I looked at him and frowned. I glanced at my watch, Jun has been gone for an hour and he hasn't returned. I started to get worried because he can't hold his alcohol and wondered if he's in trouble.

"Hey it's been a while since Jun left to get a drink, do you think he's okay? I noticed that he's a light drinker." Max looked at me with concern in his eyes. The Sky Bar is big and it has separate areas depending on the type of music patrons prefer. 

He is definitely a light drinker and he already had two drinks in his system.
"Let's go look for him and make sure that nothing happened."

We both got up and walked together. It seems strange to walk side by side with him since we have not spoken to each other much. We searched for Jun at the first Bar and he wasn't there. The sound of the noisy people were starting to irritate me. Max led me to a room that was less crowded.

"Are you and Jun in a relationship?" He looked at me squinting his eyes.

"No, not exactly. Unfortunately it's one sided." I put my hands in my pockets "Falling in love is something that I didn't think that I would experience. Isn't that interesting especially when my parents have such deep love for each other." Talking about this just made my heart ache. The sympathetic look that he gave me, reminded me of the days when we were friends.

"So this is why you've been acting so strange. I've only gotten to know Jun and he is an amazing man. Even I was drawn to him the first time I saw him." He gave a half smile. I raised my eyebrows and glared at him.

I can hear my voice rise "Are you interested in him? You better wipe that thought this instant because I would never let you have him." My hands started to form into a fist. Is this bastard trying to to repeat what happened in the past?

"Cousin calm down," he put his hands on his chin and chuckled. "You just admitted that he's not yours. Doesn't that mean I have a chance?" He looked pleased with himself. I grabbed his collar and pushed him against the wall.

"I'm warning you, if you try anything I will make you regret it. I wouldn't let you off easily like I did in the past!" I spat at him.

He pulled my hands off him and fixed his shirt. "You better try harder to win his heart because if you slip up I will take that opportunity to make him mine.

I didn't respond as I walked away but he continued to follow me. I glanced at the next room and there was Jun chatting and flirting happily with two beautiful women. "What the fuck! I was worried about this guy!" I shouted. I turned towards Max "Should we go and have some fun with the little wolf." I gave Max a devilish grin.

"Sounds like fun. Your little wolf doesn't know what he's gotten himself into." The corner of his lips turned into a mischievous smile. The two of us bonded once again and it felt as if we reconciled our friendship after all these years. What is the little wolf going to do against the big bad wolves? The thought excited me as I got closer to him.

I tapped him on ths shoulder and leaned toward his face. "Honey, I have been waiting for you. What's taking so long?" I pouted and put my arms around his shoulder. He looked at me as if I just did something awful.  The look on his face made me feel sick to my stomach.