Next door neighbors

Jun POV

How much longer can I go on knowing that Wade might not return my feelings. I'm not giving up but if he develops feeling for Julie than I wouldn't have a choice but to let him go. I felt nauseated thinking about it. The phone in my pocket started to vibrate

"Hey, sis what's up."

"Jun!" She exclaimed. " You wouldn't believe what just happened. I just won an all paid trip to Hawaii." She screamed in my ears.

"Are you serious? When is the trip." I was thrill for her. It's been awhile since she and my brother in law Chris has gone on a true vacation.

"Well that's the thing I wanted to speak to you about. It's in two days. We would leave on Friday and we will be gone for a while week and..." she paused. I can hear her sigh through the phone.

"I would love to spend time with Matt while he's on spring break. You two just have fun."

"Are you sure. I know you have to make arrangements through your company." The excitement in her voice disappeared.

"My boss is wonderful. He will be fine with it. And plus Matt and I have so much fun together." I reassured her. My nephew is a handful but he's so wonderful.

"Okay, then I will tell Chris. He will be so excited. Love you. Bye." She hung up. I put the ringer back on instead of the vibration. The phone rang before I had a chance to put it in my pocket. I rolled my eyes knowing she called back.

"Sis, what is it now?" I replied pretending to be annoyed.

"Hi bro." A man's voice chuckled on the line.
I looked at the caller ID to see Jake's name on it.

I ran my hand through my hair shaking my head. " Hi Jake sorry about that." I sincerely apologised.

"Nah, it's not a big deal. Remember I have a sister too." He chuckled again. Jake has been checking on me a couple of times a week. He would call or just send a text. I feel like I can actually call him a friend.

"We are all going on vacation and wonder if you would like to join us. Mr. and Mrs. Taggert put me in charge of pulling this together. We will be leaving Friday."

"Friday? You mean this Friday?" I repeated.

"Yeah, it's unplanned and we just decided out of the blue that's why Brandy hasn't told you. She will be going too. It's been a week since any of us has seen or spoke to her." That's true, I really miss her especially now.

"I can't I don't have the money and plus I'm watching my nephew while my sister is out of town. Maybe next time."

"The trip is paid for so there's no issues there. You can bring your nephew. There will be other families that will be joining us who has children." He quickly replied.

"I don't know. I would have to discuss it with my sister."

"Okay, we would love to have you join us. Oh almost forgot, forgot the trip is to Palm Beach. I bet your nephew would love it there." He added trying to convince me.

"Thanks for inviting me, I will let you know by tonight. Talk to you later."

I hung up the telephone trying to decide if I really want to go. I'm trying to save money to buy a new furnace so I don't freeze in winter. Even though the lodging and the flight is free, I would still pay for food and other activities. I can't take advantage of their kindness. Do I want to freeze this winter or win Wade back? I couldn't help laughing at myself. Did I just asked myself that?

I held Matt's hand as we walked into The Four Seasons Hotel. The hotel was beautiful just like the pictures I saw on the internet. It's one of those places regular Joe's like me would save up for years to be able to stay here. His little hands squeezed mine tighter. He has gone on vacations but nothing quite like this.

When we walked in the lobby, I glanced around hoping to see familiar faces. My gazed landed on Wade talking to Julie. The excitement I felt dissipated quickly.

"Jun, Matt!" Brandy engulf both of us in a hug. Wade looked up as I pretended not to notice by looking away. Brandy stepped back beaming at Matt.

"Aunt Brandy, I'm glad you made it. I've missed you." The little rascal grabbed Brandy's hand. I turned around right in time to see Max's face inches away from mine. Okay he better not hug me. I kept my distance getting my hand ready for a manly hand shake. As soon as I put my hand out, he grabbed it and pulled me in an unnecessary long tight hug.

" Jun, I've missed you." He chuckled much too loud.

"I missed you too. It has been awhile since we've seen each other." I wiggled my way out of his hold.

Wade made his way narrowing his eyes at us. "What? Are you guys buddies now." His voice testy for no reason.

"A hello would be nice." I teased in a husky voice.

Wade and Max had a staring contest. I sighed at their childishness. I see Matt walking towards us leaving Brandy to chat with the Taggerts.

"Hi Bao, do I need to rescue you from these two old geezers." His face unamused.

Two grown men looked at him in disbelief. Their mouth opened trying to make out what they heard.

"He belongs to you?" Max asked. They kept looking back and forth at the two of us.

"Yeah, this little guy is my nephew." I ruffled his hair.

"Looks so much like his uncle." Wade chimed in giving me a warm smile.

"Matt...meet uncle Wade and Max." I pulled him next to me. He put his hands out like a grown up acting tough. I saw him squeezed their hand as he shook theirs. I shrugged my shoulders when they eyeballed me.

Brandy walked towards us along with Mr. and Mrs. Taggert. After all the introductions and hugs, Mrs. Taggert handed us they key. Matt and I headed to the elevator along with the bellman. When the elevator started to close Wade squeezed his way in.

"I'm heading the same direction. My rooms next to yours." My heart danced at the thought of being next door neighbors. I flashed him a bright smile. Matt glanced up with disapproval. Wade just winked most likely trying to tease him. The kid scoffed before crossing his arms. All I could think of was this is going to be interesting.

Prior to our trip, I explained to Matt about Wade's amnesia. The kid just put his hand on his chins and didn't even ask questions. The only sound he made was "mmm". When I heard that I scratched my head knowing he's up to something.

Matt walked out the door first looking for signs that pointed to our room.

"Bao, can you give me the key." I handed it to him.

"Turn right." Wade instructed. Matt put his hands in his pocket walking ahead of us. The bellman quickly followed him leaving Wade and I a couple of steps behind.

"What did I do to earn such disapproval from the kid."

"You two have history." I let out a small laugh.

"You don't say." He faked a surprise expression.

"Can you tell me about it later?"

"Yes, I will fill you in. You will love the story." I raised my eyebrows.

Matt opened the door for the bellman so he can put our luggage in the room. After he unloaded the luggage he stood by the door. I didn't know how much to tip him so I handed him $25. I walked back to where Wade was standing.

"I will let you two get settle. Can I come by to pick you two later? I will introduce Matt to the other children's" I nodded my head and followed him out.

He paused resting his hand on the door. "Why do I always feel happy when you're near?"

I leaned closer to him ensuring that he can feel my breath. "It's because you enjoy being with me." I uttered softly. His face reddened all the way to the tip of his ears.

He exhaled "Get some rest. I'll pick you up in two hours."

"See you later." I watched him open the door to his room. Before he walked in, he glanced back at me.