The awakening

Jun POV

Happiness surged through my body while driving back to my house. What is this feeling that paints a smile that I can't seem to erase.

I put my keys on the counter and headed into my bedroom. I threw myself on the bed. Why is this feeling so different from when I was with Anne. Adjusting my body so I was faced up, I put my hand behind my head staring at the ceiling. How does one describe such a magical feeling? Just thinking of him makes my heart race. Just the thought of him makes me giddy and giggling like a girl. Every touch brings warmth and comfort. I can't lie to myself I am deeply in love with this man.

I didn't need time to contemplate on where I wanted to take our relationship. I sprung out of bed, grabbed my car keys trying to get to him. I him to know my feelings for him. Want him to know that he captured my heart. A broad smile made it's way across my face as I made it to his house. I can't wait to see his expression when I tell him that I'm in love with him. I exhale deeply trying to calm the beating of my heart. The gate was open making my mission to surprise him easier. He was bending his body as if he was grabbing something out of the car.

"Hey Wade, it's me." I called out trying not to startle him. He didn't turn around. I looked closer at the figure in front of me. I saw a leg sitcking outside the car. The man did not have Wade's muscular physique.

I ran toward the man with my hands in a fighting position. He quickly turned in time to recieve a blow to his face. He staggered away from the door. "You are going to die along with this piece of shit." He growled loudly. This was the same man that robbed Mr. and Mrs. Taggert. His eyes widened when I got close enough to knee him in the groin. He fell to the grown groaning curses at me. "You again! I'm going to kill you this time." He hissed. Afraid that he would recover, I quickly punched him on the chin with all the strength I can muster . This time he fell flat on the ground.

My heart was beating against my chest when I saw Wade's body slump on the steering wheel. My trembling hand lifted his wrist checking his pulse for a heartbeat.
I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath when I felt his heartbeat. I quickly dialled 9-1-1 and provided them information they needed. After I hung up, I slowly put down the seat and gently laid his body back.

"Hi Wade. How are you doing today?" Nurse Jenny waves from behind the desk. "You haven't missed a day, please make sure you take care of yourself."

"I'm doing good...thank you." I replied while walking towards Wade's room ignoring her last comment.

I have made friends with Wade's nurses and doctor since I have been visiting him everyday for the past two weeks. Wade has not waken from his coma. Everytime I think about it, I feel nauseous. Due to urgent issues at work, I didn't get off until late but instead of heading homeI, I wanted to be near him.

I pulled the chair next to his bed and held his hand. "You better wake up soon if you want to hear me say that I love you." I whispered in his ears, placing a kiss on his lips. "If it takes you too long, I may have to find someone new." I teased a guy in a coma. A chuckle escaped wondering what his response would have been. I noticed that his eyes started to move, like he was trying to open it. I looked again but didn't see any movement. I walked to grab a book to read to him. "What the fuck!" I heard a groan. My heart dropped. I quickly walked to him and hover close to his face. We were so close that I can feel his breath on my face.

"Take it slow." I softened my voice to sooth him. Realizing that his voice was hoarse, I grabbed him water and carefully supported his head as he drank. Finally it sunk in that he's awake. Relief mixed with concern inhibited me all at once. He slowly pushed his body in a sitting position.

"Where am I?" His eyes studying me

"You're in the hospital." I reached out and lightly touched his face.

"How long have I been here?" He cautiously pushed himself in a sitting position. I slowly caressed his cheeks. I can feel him pull away from my touch. I scolded myself, he just came out of a coma and I'm invading his space.

"Sorry, do I know you?" My breathe got knocked out of me. My hand clutched my heart from the sudden pain, I bit my lips from preventing the tears that was starting to spill.

Oh, I'm sorry. I just so happy that you're awake." I wiped the tears that I no longer have control of. I stared at him without saying anything afraid that an emotional sob would be released. The doctor and nurse arrived just in time to prevent the catastrophe. I moved out of the way to collect my thoughts. When the doctor asked me to contact Wade's family, I was happy that I got an opportunity to collect myself.

After contacting the Taggert's and Jake, I remained outside. His question still fresh in my mind and the ache in my heart still strong. He has memory lost so I don't know how everyone will deal with that. I didn't get to talk to him or be in the room long enough to know his condition.

Jake was the first to arrive. He gave me a hug and a huge grin plastered on his face.

"How is he doing?"

"He woke up swearing." I rolled my eyes.

"Sounds like my best friend." He winked.

"Did the doctor say anything."

"The doctor just arrived." I retorted. I didn't share that he couldn't remember who I was. That will have to be something shared by the doctor.

When Jake walked in the room Wade didn't have any issues remembering him. They joked around despite the circumstances that he's experiencing. I stayed outside to give them privacy but I can still hear them talk. I chuckled at the way they teased each other. I started to enter the room walking towards them.

"Can you tell me who Jun is. What is his relationship with me." My heart nearly stopped. I felted like I was going to vomit. To keep everything from falling apart I managed to interrupt their conversation and asked to speak to Jake outside.

When Jake stepped outside he pulled me into his chest, his arms wrapped around me. "Jun, give him time. I know he loves you so much." He pulled away to observe me. I wanted to say that he loved me so much that he forgot who I am.

As if he could read my thoughts he continued. "He talks about you all the time. Even when he had doubted that you can return his feelings, just a glance from you made him happy. He called me the day you two met. I listened to him rant about how lucky he was to have you in his life. It was about Jun this...Jun that...Jun...Jun, Jun." He chuckled. "I just listened. He kept talking about you until he made it home." His lips curved as he got lost in the memories they shared. " Don't give up on him. He needs you more than you think." His hands squeezed my arms.

"I need more time to think. What if this is a sign that we have an opportunity to go back to our lives before meeting each other." I choked on the words.

He sighed "You know that's not true Jun. I can tell that you love him too."

"I need time to think." I mumbled. "Please don't tell him what transpired between the two of us. That goes for his family as well." My tears slipped down my cheeks.

Jake hugged me again and softly whispered. "I don't need to tell him, he will figure it out on his own. His heart already belongs to you."

"You better go back. I'm sure he wants to see you." I sniff lightly.

"Don't you want to see him before you go?" His eyes softened.

I shaked my head. "I think it's time for me to head back. His family will be here any minute. I'll give them time to be with him. Bye Jake." I started walking away.

"Please don't give up Jun." He yelled while I walked away.

I finally made it home with a heavy heart. As soon as I made it in the house I leaned against the wall and let my tears free. My legs became weak as my body slowly slid down along the wall. I sat down with my face between my knees not wanting to know what the future holds. Why did I let him steal my heart. I read so many romance novels who would have thought it would end up this way. How cliche...memory loss of all things, I chuckled sarcastically to myself. I wiped my tears before heading to bed.

----------------------------------------------------------

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year. Let the bad things you experienced in 2019 disappear and 2020 brings you nothing but Love and Happiness🥰