Should be Confessing

I stared out the window looking at the clear blue water. The sunshine still bright at 6:00 pm. People playing in the water and some laying under the beach umbrella. A couple jogging in stride while the waves gently made it's way towards them. The sound of Matt's heavy breathing made me turn away from the window. I walked over to his bed and gently shook him.

"Wake up, it's time for us to go eat." He turned upward.

He rubbed his eyes and went back to sleep.
"Matt, it's time to wake up. Don't make he tickle you." I started to wiggle my fingers.

"Okay... I'm up." He stretched his arms above his head.

"Go wash your face. That will make you feel refreshed."

"Okay Bao." He slid out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I listened to the sound of the running water. An image of Wade's smiling face popped in my head causing my heart to pulsate hard. Love is an amazing feeling.

"I'm done. When is the old man meeting us? I'm starving." He shouted.

"He should be here maybe he's asleep. Let's go knock on his door and wake him up." I grabbed the key card and put it in my wallet.

We walked to his room and knocked on the door. After a couple of times, I frowned. The asshole forgot us. I can't believe he would do that.

I looked at Matt who was getting irritated. He looked up with his eyebrows crinkled. I smiled at him. "Let's go down. We'll just meet him later." I disguised the hurt and disappointment that I felt. I texted Brandy letting her know that we were on our way.

"Old man." Matt muttered shaking his head. I didn't add anything to make matters worse. I just silently nod my head in agreement.

I saw Brandy sitting outside the restaurant playing with her phone. She had a big grin on her face. I wonder what's occupying her thoughts, it certainly kept her from looking away from the screen. I will have to ask her what's making her eyes shine. Or better yet who is making that smile so bright. Matt put his fingers to his lips and snuck up on Brandy. He snaked his arms around her causing the phone to drop on her lap.

She put her hand against her heart.
"You little brat...you succeeded in startling me."

"I'm sorry auntie." He hugged her tighter.

Brandy started laughing. She pinched his cheeks and planted a kiss on forehead. "Why are you so cute!" She practically screamed.

"Enough auntie. That's all the hugs and kisses I can take for the day." He sighed and walked to where I was standing. I noticed a boy watching and smiling while they were teasing each other. The boy kept glancing at Matt as he made his way to Brandy.

"Devon, when did you get here." Brandy grabbed his hand as she walked toward us.

"Matt and Jun, I would like you to meet Wade's nephew Devon."

"Nice to meet you guys." Devon gave a little wave. He turned to Matt and gave a dashing smile.

"Do you want to sit together." His voice squeaked making Matt laugh.

"Okay. Come on everyone, I'm starving." Matt walked ahead with Devon right on his heals. It seems like they will get along just fine.

When we got to our table Wade was sitting next to Julie chatting like nothing else mattered. My heart dropped at the scene in front of me. He pointed at the chair next to him. I pretended that I didn't see him and walked to the chair next to Max. As if Max sensed something was wrong, he pulled the seat out for me.

"Are you okay?" His eyes focused on mine.

"Yes, just a little tired from the plane ride. What are you ordering?" Trying to change the subject was the best I can do to keep him from suspecting who caused the sudden unhappiness.