Prologue

2010, Mental Asylum

"She's been acting really strange lately," the woman told the doctor in front of her, while her child was on the other room. Only a two-way mirror separates them.

"It turned out worst?" The doctor asked for assurance.

The woman nodded and glanced at the mirror and saw her child staring blankly at the mirror. The woman knows her child cannot perceive her through the mirror.

"She.... She killed her uncle." The woman stuttered.

"Did she stab him?" The doctor calmly asked.

"Repeatedly."

"What happened before that?"

"She was completely out of herself, she destroys everything in her room for four consecutive days. Hindi siya natulog ng dalawang araw at hindi na rin kumakain. Hindi mo maka usap ng matino tapos tulala minsan. Nag aalala na ako sa kanya, sa anak ko. Tapos nung dumating tito niya, agad siyang lumabas tapos nagulat na lang ako ng sinaksak siya ng paulit ulit." The woman started to cry. "After nun, bumalik siya sa kwarto niya na parang walang nangyari. Alam ko may sakit siya noon pa, pero ngayon ko lang nakita na lumala ng todo yung sakit niya."

"It may be dangerous if hahayaan natin siya outside the asylum. Mas mabuti if magstay siya dito for medication. It may take a while, but its a progress that will benefit her." The doctor said.

The woman stood up and gazed at her child who was rocking herself in a small bed. She was hugging her knees and was trembling. The woman turned back and glanced at the doctor.

"Do everything within your power, make my precious daughter be back again." The woman said.

"Very well Mrs. Carlos, your daughter will be in my hands until she becomes better," the doctor offered her hand for an agreement.

"Thank you, Dra. Suarez."

~

2014, Mental Asylum

A knock on the door made her head shot upwards. Once the door swung open, a smile slowly paints her face. She saw her mother, after two months. She closed the book she was reading and went to hug her mother.

"Kamusta ka na, Caloy?" Her mother asked.

"I'm perfectly fine now, ma," she smiled and broke the hug between them. "Thanks to the doctors."

Her mother smiled, knowing she was really in a better condition after all those years.

"Were the treatments and sessions aren't that bad?"

She shook her head and smiled. "Not at all, ma."

Another know on the door made the both of them shot a glance. The door opened and revealed her doctor.

"How are you feeling, Caloy?" Her doctor smiled.

"I'm good." She smiled back.

"Let's just check some of your vital signs," the doctor did some medical procedures which the both of them cannot understand. After which the doctor scribbled notes on her clipboard.

"I have the greatest good news for you." The doctor said.

"Ano po yun?" She asked.

"This is your last day in the Asylum. Since after all those years of medication, you're illness finally stabilized, which means, you're back to normal. You can do normal task without getting your psychosis triggered —" the doctor said. She and her mother smiled widely and embraced each other. "— but," the doctor interrupted. "Its no guarantee that you will stay like that for a lifetime. There are instances that it'll trigger, but it is tolerable."

"I-I understand po," she nodded her head and her mother wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

"Make sure you surround yourself with happiness, it'll help you along the way." The doctor smiled. "I'll call the nurses to help you with your stuffs."

"Thank you po," she smiled with her eyes were in tears.

~~~

So ayon, pinush ko din after all. Hahahaha.

PS: post-UAAP yung setting nya. Expect less volleyball-related theme.

PPS: FINALS DONE!!!!! Its official, I'm #GradWaiting !!!!