VI

D O M I N G O

"So, what will it be, miss De Leon?" Alyssa asked. Sitting on Bea's right side.

"Base on what I've seen, everything is good. And the people who will manage it are capable of handling massive duties, but," Bea said. "Can you guarantee that they can accomplish the first task I will give them in my terms and conditions? You know me, Mrs. Valdez."

Alyssa was Bea's close friend and her "ate" during the days that Bea was on the brink of beginning her company. Alyssa respects her, since the topic is Bea's company.

"I made sure I hired the finest employees in our sector. You know how much effort I put into a collaboration especially with your company, Bea." Alyssa replied.

"Well then," Bea paused and she glanced at her phone by the table. She cleared her throat. "I'm glad you didn't send any representatives today, Mrs. Valdez."

For today's board meeting, Bea has her most successful and the best members for this meeting. So, there are notable business tycoons, entrepreneurs, and company owners.

At dahil na rin sa frequent na board meetings for the past few years, at nung bago bago pa ako. Naging friends ko na rin yung mga board members — na close friends din ni Bea — during that time.

"You know, mother duties. Dennise really wants na maging hands on din ako sa anak namin." Alyssa chuckled.

"Alfred is really a troublesome, huh." Jia butted in.

And the board committee laughed.

Before the presenter could leave the current powerpoint slide, Bea called me.

"Jhoana's at my office. Can you accompany her muna?" She asked.

"Sige po. Pero paano po yung meeting?" I asked.

"I can handle it," she smiled and leaned back to her black leather swivel chair.

So I left the committee meeting and went straight to her office. Pagpasok ko, I saw Jho sitting by the chair in front of Bea's table.

"Uhm. Ma'am Bea sent me here," I said and closed the door behind me.

"I thought nasa board meeting siya?" She asked.

"Yun din po, but she said na kaya naman na niya daw." I answered. "Do you want coffee?"

"No thank you, I already had one." She smiled.

"Ay ate Jho," my lips suddenly spits her name.

"Yes?" She turned towards me.

"May itatanong sana ako."

"Sure. Ano yun?"

"Can you consider that when you feel butterflies in your stomach, can you consider na its love?"

"You know, its hard to believe that you asked that kind of question." She suddenly laughed. "Pero, I think no."

Then Cza's response last night hit me.

"You can't conclude it right away, dear. Pwedeng nagkataon lang na naramdaman mo yun like the same thing that happened to your experience before. Pero reality check tayo, ha? Assume more, and you'll get disappointed. I would just shrug it off if I were you." She said.