XV

C A R L O S

I am sure of it.

The way she watched the sunset, the way she turned her head to my direction when I called her, the way my heart beats fast. I am sure of this feeling.

"Of course, special ka sa akin e." Celine smiled. "Kung gusto mo, sunshine pa."

My heart never rests, it keeps the same beat ever since we both saw the sunset.

"Thank you," I smiled back and just stared at her angelic eyes.

Ever since we met each other by the beach, I felt something different upon shaking my hand with her. All my life, ngayon ko lang 'to na-encounter. By the time that she actually rushed to my condo unit after work just to check me, it made my heart flutter when I saw her sitting beside me in my bed.

And the days that followed, she made me smile — no, instead she made me feel happy. That I always wanted to feel her presence, that I always wanted to see her. And when I see her, my heart screams with joy, and when she laughs, my heart had gone wild. Every time na magkasama kami, I always have peaceful sleeps. Yung hindi ko iniinda na baka managinip ulit ako ng hindi maganda, kasi alam ko naging masaya ako nung araw na yon.

She's making my head calm, she's making me sleep peacefully, she's making me happy. Celine takes the pain away.

"Tots, are you okay?" She asked me. Her angelic eyes turned worried after she caught me staring.

"I'm fine. Swerte ko kasi kasama kita ngayon." I answered.

"Sus. And why is that?"

"Wala. I'm just happy today."

"You're always happy."

"You make me happy."

"What?"

Then I realized I just blurted what I was feeling right now. Holy crap.

Ayan, masyado mo naman kasing dinama yung sunset! Get your shit straight, Caloy!

"I mean, you make me happy kasi you're special, like I am to you," I replied as I tried to hide the fact that it's my honest feelings.

As the ride was about to end, and as this day was about to end. I am sure that I pretty much enjoyed this day, despite Celine being super excited all through out the day.

Palabas na kami ng ferris wheel, and hila hila nanaman niya ako. Hilig neto manghila. Her excitement was still on, and she kept on glancing at me, while she laughs.

"Selfie tayo!" She pulled me closer. She took her phone out, prepared the camera and smiled.

Before she could capture the moment, with the ferris wheel in the background, I smiled like there's no tomorrow. I smiled like it's my first time riding a ferris wheel.

I smiled, because I am sure that I had already fallen in love with this girl beside me.

Then she snaps the moment in her phone.

"Dali, isa pa! Bago tayo umuwi." She told me and smiled.

~