03.

School has always been a burden for Neela. She wasn't bullied or anything, she was just overlooked. She kept her head down, she didn't speak to anyone, really. She did have friends, but they moved, or they were all put in different classes, which prompted them to lose contact. So, she had no one now. She had always  been polite and ready to help, but other than that, she normally keept her head down.

Neela's father was still at work by the time the closing bells sounded. So, Neela had to take the bus. She's taken the bus before, she just normally rides home with her father. Neela was perched in a relaxed state on the bus until someone taps her shoulder. "Neela, do you have a-"

BANG

Neela opened her eyes and her sight was horribly blurry. The odor of smoke penetrated her ability to smell, her whole body  was searing in pain. All that she can hear is a harsh, annoying ringing vibration. She feels a part of her face leaking blood, she took a small hand up to her brow to feel for any cuts, but when she brought her hand back down, the red substance covered her hand.

Neela attempted to sit up, but she knew she would fail. Her whole body was trembling; it's as if she was drained of all of her energy. Neela lied down on the asphalt and just whined and cried. Soon enough, the ringing has stopped and she wished it hadn't. Blood-curdling screams could be heard from all around, the horn from the bus would not stop sounding off. "Make it stop, please. Make it stop," the noises were all too common to Neela. Neela finally begun to hear sirens after five minutes of laying on the asphalt.

Hands begun to touch Neela; more specifically on her head, neckline, and wrists. "Don't move, honey." A female speaks softly. "We got a live one here!" The nurse called at the other people helping.

Neela remembered nothing more of being outside that day.

She woke up; screaming at the top of her lungs. The lining of her throat was burning, but she didn't care. She doesn't know anything. "Please," she was screaming, "what's happening? Where am I?" The people pushing her ignored her pleas and screams, they were too busy giving her medicine through IV's. "We're gonna need othro, neuro, trauma, x-ray!" Another woman yelled over Neela's continuous whining.

Neela finally asked in a soft voice, "am I..am I gonna die?" Not one answer, "Am I gonna die?!" She finally screamed. Neela tries to lift her body, but she's restrained, just like in the dreams. She screamed and panicked even more. "On my count, we're gonna move her. All hands on? 1..2.3!" Neela screamed as more pain engulfs her body.

Neela remembered nothing more of entering the hospital.

~~

"Ahh," Ryan hissed as he felt pain throughout his whole body. The pain was so intense that it brought him to his knees. "What happened?" Sean urged. "The girl, something happened. Ah!" He exclaims as a migraine courses through his head. "Fuck!" He cursed under his breath. "Are you okay? I'm starting to get worried." Ryan gazed up at Landon with an exasperated emotion on his face, "instead of worrying about me, worry about your future sister-in-law." Ryan spat venom in his words.

Another surge of pain shot through Ryan's nerves as he laid on the floor, almost convulsing. "How do we help him?" Sean shrugs, throwing his hands up in the air. "He's not injured, so no hospital. Let us just go home, we can shut down early tonight." By this time,  Ryan was already asleep because his energy was drained due to the pain.

~~

"Ahh," Neela whimpered as her head felt dizzy. "Head hurting, darling?" A sweet voice called out to her. "Huh?" She looked up and again; she cannot see his face. The man was in a squatting position, his knees were just centimeters above Neela's head. "Such a pretty girl you are." The man cooed.

Neela tried to prop herself on her arms, "what's happening?" She whined loudly, "no, don't move, darling. Moving will make it worse." The man switched his position so he was sitting on his knees. "I don't wanna be here, sir." Little tears escaped Neela's eyes as the man placed her head on his leg.

"Tell me, what are your side effects, angel?" The man begun to play with little strands of Neela's hair, "I'm dizzy. I can feel my heartbeat in my head, it's painful."

"So, the side effects of you seeing me aren't too bad, right?" Neela mumbled 'I guess,' "Good, I'd hate to see me causing you any pain." He just sat there, playing with her hair for feasible five minutes. "Is it okay now? Can you get up?"

"Yes..but where am I?" As soon as the word 'yes,' left Neela's mouth, he was helping her to her feet. "Never mind that now, we will discuss it later." He thought for a few seconds, "you should be getting back soon, though, you need to rest after your long day." Neela could hear a smile in his voice, "will you come back though? I will admit, you've done pretty good getting here, considering this being your first time."

"It's scary here..." Neela trailed off. "I'll try to make it less scary for you, Neela. I'll give you more light here."

"How do I come back?" Neela looked up at him but saw no face. "By listening to my voice, listen to nothing else but my voice," he spoke very seriously as if both of their lives depended on it. "You should go now, you're exiting surgery."

"Wha-" Neela got cut off by that falling sensation.