27.

After about an hour, Sean was able to be let back into Andrew's room. "Who the hell are you?" Andrew asked in a dazed, yet weak tone of voice. "Andrew, I'm Ryan's older brother. My name is Sean. Ryan's out of the country, but he's asked me to check on you." Andrew thought for a few minutes until he remembered Ryan. "He's the guy who came to my home, wasn't he?" Sean nodded weakly. "I've recently heard what happened with your daughter; our family sends our deepest condolences. My father asked me to give this to you," Sean explained as he pulled out a hefty check.

"Why?" Was all Andrew said, "half of it is to hire a private investigator, the other half is to assure that you have everything you need." Andrew shook his head, "I cannot take this from you--"

"Please," Sean interrupted Andrew's protests. "It'll give our family peace of mind." Andrew sighed, he hated to look desperate and like someone in need as he had a well-paying job. "Thank you, Sean. I truly mean that."

"May I ask you a few questions? My father is leading the investigation," Andrew nodded and motioned to a chair that was next to his bed. Sean brought the chair closer and sat in it, "Ryan has mentioned a bus crash. Was she on any medication before or after the crash?"

Andrew made a face of confusion, "why? Why do you need to know about her medicines?"

"She needs it. If she gets it somewhere else, then the order can be tracked," Sean lied, he knew Neela was sick and had mental health problems; he wanted to help her in that sense at least. Andrew thought about it for a few moments, "Neela took anti-depressants, PTSD medicine, and medicine to help with schizophrenia. I can't think of the names; there may be a paper with their names somewhere."

Andrew gave Sean access to his home; Sean would go sometime, but he had to bring a proposal to his father first. After going home, he locked himself in his bedroom and picked up his cell phone. "My son?" Damien asked as he picked up his phone.

"Father, I need to talk to you about something. You need to take it seriously. Please." Once Damien heard how manic Sean was, he knew it was a serious matter. "What is it?" Damien asked once he got alone himself.

"Neela needs her father," Sean covered his mouth as he felt his throat begin to close. "What do you mean, my son?" Damien heard Sean's voice shake, "did something happen?"

"You know what? Yes, something did happen." Sean lowered his voice, "Ryan lost control, Neela accidentally touched him; she knows everything now. Neela, my sister, she's so scared and lonely. She refuses to leave her room; she needs her father."

"My son, please calm down; I'll come there with the twins. We will all talk to Neela. I'll listen to your request. I'll take it all into consideration." Damien sounded sincere in his words. "When will you be here?" Sean finally cries, "it has to be soon! I don't know what to do!"

"We'll be there late tonight, I promise." Damien sighs, "until we get there, you have to watch over the girl. You're the only one allowed near her. Do you understand my words?"

"Yes, father," Sean whispered. "Protect your sister. I'll be there soon." Sean spoke no other words and hung up the phone. Sean quickly composed himself as he heard soft knocks on his bedroom door. "Come in," he softly called.

The door slowly swung open and revealed Neela, "I--you weren't answering your thoughts." Neela said meekly, "I'm sorry, Neela. I was on the phone with father. What do you need?"

"I'm hungry," Neela held her stomach which shocked Sean. "Did they not feed you while I was gone?" Neela slowly shook her head and fumbled with her fingers. "I was gonna go downstairs, but only Ryan was there."

"I understand, angel. I'll get you two plates since you didn't eat all day." Sean smiled and walked over to Neela; he embraced her in his arms. "Thank you for coming out of your room," Sean pulled away. "Father is coming tonight. I told him that something happened, he could help. All of us are going to talk. Ryan won't be able to hurt you while our father is here."

"Please don't make me tell him, it's too embarrassing."

"You can tell Ethan through telepathy; he's a mute. That's how he communicates. If you let him see your memories, then you wouldn't have the burden of telling the story."

Sean was knelt down in front of Neela while whispering close to her. Ryan just so happened to be walking by the open door. "So you're the one who claimed her?" Ryan asked hurt from seeing this. "Neela," Ryan gained her attention with no trouble, "you're supposed to be my angel. His claim on you lasts 6 months; he's temporary!" Ryan exclaimed, "why didn't you tell me? Did you think it would be easier if I took out my anger on you? It's not easy that way!"

"R--" Sean slapped a hand over Neela's mouth. "Don't say a demon's name or you provoke him to cause fear. Remember what we told you."

"I--please just let me leave," Neela begged and brought her shaky hands up to her chest. "Now you can't even look at me? What have I done in your dreams to make you hate me so much?" Ryan slowly walked into the bedroom, which made Sean pull Neela back a few inches. "Is it because we can't have a regular relationship in real life? I'm trying, angel, I promise I am."

After getting no reply, Ryan walked to his bedroom with a scoff. After a door slammed, there was a loud thud heard. "He's just punching things; he'll understand when our father comes." Sean rubbed Neela's shoulders to calm her nerves, "go back to your room. I'll bring you something to eat."