13.

NOT EDITED

Hours. They all talked for hours. Their conversations varied, they went back and forth. They talked about their mortal mother, small talk, and even interior decorating. When they got to Ryan and Neela, is when it got very intense. "Ryan, my son, tell me about the girl. We're all dying to hear!" Damien had just downed his third glass of Scotch.

"Yeah, from what I've heard, she sounds amazing." Ethan was caught smiling shyly. "I haven't really been able to have a conversation with her yet," Ryan kept his eyes fixated on his lap. "How come?"

"Well, I found out that she actually existed once she was in the bus crash." He sighed, "Caleb and I went to the hospital to see her, but she was really injured and in a lot of pain. So, I didn't talk to her."

Damien spoke up again, "why did you touch her?" He slurred his words while pouring another glass. "I snuck into the hospital and before I left, the urge got to be too strong and I did it." Ryan paused his words, "I'm glad I didn't hurt her; I'm sorry still, Landon."

Landon did a quick nod of his head and went back to his glass of water. "Do you know that this situation is dangerous for her if you do decide to bring her here?" Evan said and that made Ryan get angry. "Yes, I know that. You people have been saying that to me for the last 5 years."

"It is the truth," Damien began doing motions with his hands, "you have to know how to take care of her and control yourself before she comes here!"

"How will I be able to take care of her and control myself if I can't practice with her?" Ryan threw his hands up in the air in exasperation. "She'll die if she comes here," Landon spoke up, he's been saying that for so long! It gets even more annoying when he has to repeat it time and time again. "I gotta go," Ryan got up and started for Neela's home. 

~~

She wasn't in her bedroom, weird, she always confides herself in her bedroom. He went to a window that shows her living room. She was there, desperate, on the floor, crying.

"Another nightmare?" He whispered to himself. "Use your mind, talk to her. We all have the same power, Ryan."

"I'm not good with talking, you know this."

"No, if she's the one, she'll appreciate your voice no matter what."

Ryan sighed, he put his hand to the window. "Neela, it's okay," his heartbeat almost stopped when she froze. "Don't feel scared. This may be weird to you, but it's okay."

"Who are you?" She asked with fear evident in her voice. "I'm Ryan. You never met me, I know."

"W-why are you here?" She began to bring her dainty hands up to her ears. "Don't cover your ears. It's okay to hear me. I'm here to bring your comfort."

"Why can't I see you?" She looked around her which made Ryan stand away from the window. "I'm not allowed to see you right now."

"Why?" Ryan heard Neela stand to her feet, but there was a soft hit on the floor, signaling that she fell back down on the floor. "Because. I'm too dangerous to be with you right now. I could hurt you very badly." 

"B-b-but you're nice to me." Neela's lips began to tremble once again. "Please don't cry. Maybe one day you can see me. Maybe I won't be scary. If you need me, just call for me and I'll be right here." Neela covered her eyes, she was upset. She really wanted to see the person who helped her calm down.

~~

Neela went to her doctors appointment soon after her attack. After the appointment, she had lunch with Thalia. Her father had to be in the doctors room with her as she is underage and doesn't know much of the medical talk.

"Neela, how is your medicine helping you?" Her doctor sat at a little table in the exam room. "We've had you on all of the medicine for a few weeks now. So, we'll be able to see how well or bad the medication is helping you."

"Well, this was an only one time thing, but I heard a voice." Neela chuckled, thinking that the confession was stupid. "I was having a panic attack. It was random, by the way."

"Sorry to interrupt you, Neela. But, was it because of a nightmare?"

"No, it happened randomly. I haven't had nightmares in a while." Neela made a motion with her hand, waving the thought away, "the voice was, like, comforting. It calmed me down tremendously."

The doctor checked Neela's vitals and examined the cuts. Neela talked about the same things with Thalia, since she was the one who prescribed Neela the medications.

~~

Ryan left Neela's home a few minutes after their moment together. "Where have you been?" Sean asked as Ryan came through the door. "None of your concern."

He walked further in the home and saw Damien laying on the couch, passed out. "How much did he have?" Ryan quickly changed he subject. "Six glasses of scotch."

"Where's Ethan and Evan?" Landon and Caleb are probably in their rooms. "In the offices, working on things for the company."

Ryan walked over to the little table that's in front of the couch where his father slept, "why are there decorating magazines here?"

"Father wanted to give us ideas, because he wants us to redesign. He's also allowing you to add on a room for Neela when you can finally control it."

"Alright," Ryan sighed, "let's start looking, then." Ryan felt a burst of happiness course through his body when Sean mentioned the room.

He just hoped that they were all as serious as he was for bringing her to live with them. Because it will be soon.