18.

Sean finally came home. He left at 8 that morning. He explained to his brothers that some of the areas seemed to be suspicious, but to not worry too much yet. "Where's Neela?" Sean asked after he explained what he saw. "She's supposed to be bathing. She's been up there for almost an hour, her food is getting cold."

Sean tsked, "why didn't either of you check on her?" He yelled behind him as he ran up the stairs. The door to her closet was opened, same with the door to Ryan's room. Sean cautiously approached her bathroom door and scrapped his finger nails on the wooden door, careful to not startle her. "Neela, is everything alright in there? You've been in there for a while."

Sean heard sniffles behind the door, he jiggled the knob a little bit. "Why can't I go home?" His heart broke at her hurt words. "This has to be home for a little bit, Neela. We won't hurt you, I promise." Neela just continued to cry, "Neela, can I come in? I want to comfort you but I can't do it outside the door."

"No!" She yelled and made a thump sound, "did you fall? Are you hurt?"

Ryan and Landon came up the stairs after hearing the thud, Caleb came out of his room. "What happened?" Ryan jumped into action when he didn't see Neela. "She's crying and she won't let me in."

Ryan pushed past Sean and knocked on the door, "Neela, please let me in. I'm worried about you." She shook her head, even though no one could see her, "it's too scary."

"If you come out right now, nothing bad will happen." Ryan jiggled the knob, "we just want to talk to you and feed you right now. We have a whole day of fun things for you!" There was silence from both parties for a while, "just wash your face, empty the bath water, get dressed, and come on out."

Soon enough, they hear the sink faucet turn on and the plug of the bathtub get pulled. By this time, Ryan is standing behind Caleb, standing clear of Neela's walkway. She came out with puffy, sad eyes and very low posture. "Let's go eat, okay? Your food is probably cold, but I'll reheat it."

Neela was eating in silence, the brothers were stood at different parts of the kitchen, just watching her. "Boys, must you stand like that around her? Can't you tell she's uncomfortable?" Damien has always made very loud entrances, the boys are used to it. But, it made Neela flinch when he yelled and dropped his briefcase. "Hello, pretty thing." Damien smiled but it just made Neela believe more that this is just some sex trafficking thing.

"Father, stop." Ryan demanded, "she's scared." He wanted to get closer to surround her with a comforting aura, but he didn't want what happened at the hospital to happen again. "Neela, I assure you, I'm the least intimidating of my boys." The poor girl didn't understand what to do, so she just nodded and slightly pushed her food away. She felt it was disrespectful to eat in front of others who weren't eating. "No, please, eat." Damien then offered a happy smile.

"Go ahead," Sean urged and moved her plate back in front of her, even getting some food on the fork for her. "Does she know of anything that's happening?"

"Father, can't you ever shut up?" Landon spoke through gritted teeth. "What? What's happening?" Neela looked around at all of the different faces.

You're a really panicky girl, aren't you? A voiced asked from inside Neela's head, but it wasn't the voice she heard before. She tried to ignore it before it spoke again, you can speak to me. Only I will hear it.

What's going to happen to me?

Nothing bad! You were taken away for very good reasons. You'll find everything out in time.

When can I leave?

Never.

Neela ended the conversation with a sigh. "Did you hear me?" Ryan asked Neela, now sat in front of her. "No, I'm sorry."

"Are you ready to go shopping with my father and I?" She nodded slowly and got up, "do I just wear this?"

"Did you people really not pack any of her clothes?" Damien asked in disbelief, Landon and Sean both shook their heads. "Are there any-so-very important clothes you need from your home?"

Neela choked up at the memory of wearing her father's clothes when she was ill; she loved the scent of them. "No," Neela said with tears filling her eyes once again. "What do you need from your old house?" Damien asked seriously this time. It's been a very long time since he's seen a human girl cry. He felt hurt for doing this to Neela, but he can't change it now.

The girl exhaled, "I don't wanna go today," she then made an exit to her room. Ryan followed closely behind, same with Damien. "Stop," Neela whined, suddenly stopping in her tracks and turning to face the father and the son. When she did this, Ryan put his hands up and backed away. "We have to go today!" Damien said and Neela exhaled, "you don't have to talk to any of us. We just want to take you out to give you a good wardrobe."

Neela heaved a deep sigh and made her way back out to the kitchen, "is everyone ready? I want all of you to go." Damien sighed out when he saw a stray tear escape the girl's eye. Damien scooted his way over to Ethan, his mute son. "Tap into her mind, see what she needs." He whispered to the taller boy.

Ethan concentrated on only her, he tuned everything else out until only her heartbeat could be heard by him. I'm sorry, dad. I just want you. 

She wants her father. There's no way we can give that to her, Ethan said to his brothers and father.

We'll make it happen. Damien replied rather quickly.