Family betrayal.

Cuphead's pov

I woke up, freezing, with a bright light in my eyes, and my head pounding...like I had just been kicked in the head by a clydesdale. Softly groaning, I collect my surroundings. It only took me a few seconds to let out a girly shriek, realizing that I'm in a cage and completely naked. Franticly looking around, my eyes land on my little brother, Muggman, who is in a cage next to me, with tears in his eyes and hugging his knees to his chest.

"C-Cup-h-h-Cuphead....? Wh-where are we? What's going on?? Where's grandpa Kettle???"

"Calm down, Mugs. I'm sure that everything is going to be fine..."

Oh god...I don't know what's going on. I don't know where we are, or even why we're here! But I gotta be strong. For Muggs... While I was trying to calm myself and my little bro down, Baroness' gumball machine minion walked over to us with a smirk on his face, with Mr. Wolfgang at his side.

"Wow, Kettle finally got rid of this snot nosed brats?"

The radio, Mr. Wolfgang said as he stuck his hand between the bars of Muggman's cage and caressed his face.

"W-Wait?! G-grandpa got rid of us?!?"

I softly winced as I heard my brothers cry. I always caught elder Kettle glaring at us, but...I didn't think anything by it...did he really not love us? Was it all just a lie?

"SHUT UP, YOU LITTLE SLUT!!!"

Wolfgang said as he harshly kicked Mugman's cage, making him whimper, but not cry...he was too scared to do anything else. I thought about making my iconic finger guns and doing a quick run and gun to escape, with Muggs, but Gumbo ripped that idea out of my mind...

"If one of you try something, the other dies."

The bastard said as he sat down on a tree stump, drinking a flask of moonshine. Sighing, I buried my head into my hands and sadly sighed. I was scared...I wanted to cry. But I couldn't. I needed to be strong for Mugman.

"C-Cuphead?"

I quickly dried my eyes and looked over to my little brother. Looing into his eyes, I saw only false hope.

"W-we're going to be fine. We're going to get out of Here! And G-grandpa didn't do this! He is comming to save us!"

I felt sick to my stomach...just seeing my brother like this wanted me to kill myself. He was trying to make me feel better.

"Th-...thanks Mug. I need that."

Well so much for the stronger big brother bit.

3rd person pov.

It took a month, but the casino was back up and running. The sound of cards shuffling, dice being thrown on an all too familiar craps table, and drunken cheers were heard as the Devil sat on in his office as he counted the days profit.

"Well, it took one fuckin' month for everything to get right but it was worth it.~"

Apparently, Devil didn't learn anything...with the cup brothers' popularity, came tourism. And with tourism came a bunch a broken down, down in the dumps, folks who were willing to bet everything for a better life.

"Dumbasses, no wonder their lives were shit. I guess that I should thank those two porciline fuck off's. Business hasn't better~"

The Devil sneered as he leaned back into his chair, chuckling to himself. Out on the floor, everyone's favorite die-headed manager was at a poker table.

"Full house. You lose!"

King Dice said as he smirked at a woman, who was now cowering in fear at the thought of losing her soul.

"P-PLEASE!!! DON'T DO THIS!!! I HAVE A CHILD!!!"

"Yeah, well you shoulda thought of that before you bet your soul, dumb bitch."

The object head said as 6 chains of pink playing cards shot out of his back and wrapped themselves around the woman and slowly drained her soul from her body. Hearing her screams all the way in his office, Devil happily sighs.

"Nice work, Dicey~"

Chapter 2 down...sorry if this chapter wasn't good...