Answers.

Mugman's Pov.

I stared at Mr. Dice in curiosity, as he looked down at the floor in thought, the somewhat soothing ticking of the alarm clock filling the room as the once sleezy manager that I knew sighed and rubbed my back in small soothing circles.

"Why am I being so nice?...Well I might as well be blunt."

He sighed and leaned to the side, using his hand to hold up his head.

"Well after you and your brother beat me and the over grown, mutated rat that sleeps down the hall, our bodies were destroyed but our souls went back to hell to make the strong enough to maintain a physical form again. During that time, I looked back at the decisions that I made and I didn't like what I saw. I was this sleezy, arrogant, over confident, egotistical jacka-...person...but the part that I hated the most was how I treated you both and what we put you through. I reminded me of how I was treated when I was your age. And seeing the shape that you both were in when I saw you earlier nearly broke me. .So I changed. I am no longer the same dice that you knew."

I lightly chuckled when he censored himself, not wanting to swear in front of me. So when his soul was strengthening itself, he saw a reflection of his own child hood and all of his lifes errors? Well that makes sense why he would change. Nodding my head in understanding to his explanation, I lean into his chest.

"Anymore questions? I don't mind answering them."

I was gunna say 'No' and just injoy the silence, but I did have one...

"Umm, I noticed when you mentioned the Devil, you called him a rat. Are you mad at him? I assume that you were talking about the Devil, because you said that my brother and I beat you."

He softly chuckled and pat my head before looking up at the ceiling.

"Well aren't you the observant one. Yes, I was referring to Devil. And yes. I am mad at him. I guess almost 30 years of loyalty, support and trust didn't mean anything to him. Apparently, I'm just a good for nothing lackey that isn't even worth a proper apology..."

I could almost feel the negative energy come off of him, to be a manager, he was really ticked about this.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Dice. Bit why don't you just quit? You sound very aggravated...why stay here?"

I asked as I tilted my head to the side in curiosity, wondering why would he stay with such a terrible boss. He just looked at me with a small smile and sighed.

"Well I am bound to the Devil. And even if I could leave, this joint be all trashed, and run down."

Well actually he had a point...I'm sorry, but no matter how much I try, I can't emagine the devil vacuuming...not even his own office.

Cuphead's Pov.

Darkness, pain, disgust, fear, sadness. Those are all of the things coursing through my mind and body...the darkness that I was drowning in from the loss of my grip on sanity, the pain that I felt from the disownership that my brother an I got from our once loving grandfather, the disgust that shrouded me from that damned spider putting his hands on me, the fear that haunted me at the thought of losing my brother, and the sadness that struck my heart as my struggling and teary-eyed brother tried to cheer me up as we were purchased all lingered in my mind, like a bad memory, or a really annoying song. Trying to ignore the voices that littered my mind, I slowly opened my eyes, letting a warm ray of sunshine into my line of sight.

"N-no! Stop it, please!!!"

Mugs! What's happening to him?! What is that spider doing to him?!?

"Oh, hold still, I'm almost done."

That voice...it's that fucking dice headed bastard!!! I quickly stood up out of bed and and turned to the object head with my finger gun aimed at him. Well I guess that all of the sudden movement was too much for me to handle cause I fainted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 6 DOWN!!! See ya l8r my little monsters!