Rude-ish Awakening

Cuphead's Pov.

After rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I yawned and tried to comprehend the dream that I had. Opening my eyes, I was met with an ugly, familiar, stoic, brown face with those same yellow eyes. Letting out a pride shattering shriek, of fear and shock, I back into the headboard of the bed and stare at the devil as he looked at me through the corner of his eye. What the fuck is happening??? First, that old asshole sells us, we're sold to a spider that raped us! And now I'm getting side-eyed by the furry crybaby!!!

"H-hi Cuphead...how do you feel?"

Quickly turning my head towards the direction of the voice, I let out a quiet sigh of relief when I see my little brother, Mugman with a bandage wrapped his handle and small but noticeable bags under his eyes. I wanted to say something, but I was stuck...I couldn't make a sound. Not with the devil and King Dice just right here in the same room...I wanted to fight...but I was frozen. Suddenly King Dice made a gesture to the devil to follow him and the two of them left. Once they did, I practically tackled my brother into a hug, ignoring the pain in my arm.

"OH GOD MUGS, WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU? ARE YOU OK?? WH-WHERE'S THE SPIDER???"

He just gave me a smile and looked at me. Why the fuck is he so calm?

"Cuphead, I'm fine and we're safe. You need to rest though, your arm is-"

"WE'RE SAFE?!?! HOW ARE WE EVEN REMOTELY SAFE??? WE. ARE. IN. THE CASINO! MEMBER??? THE DEVIL AND MR. KING DICE!!!"

"I'm right here, you don't have to yell...and yes, I do remember. But where else can we go Cuphead? Elder Kettle gave us to Gumbo. And you know what he did."

I was a loss for words...all of this was just too much at once. Now noticing the throbbing in my arm, I look down to see it cracked and chipped in a few places. Weirdly except for the throbbing, it didn't hurt. Noticing my staring, Mugman shoved a cup of tea in my face.

"Here. King Dice gave you some while you were asleep, but it was only enough to make the pain stop."

"I'm not going to drink anything from him! What it poisoned...?"

He just sighed and rolled his eyes with a soft smile on his face.

"Cups, it is fine. If it was, I'd be dead already."

Trusting my brother's word, I cautiously take the cup and drink the tea, softly smiling as the taste of P sugar rest on my tongue. Downing the tea a little quicker then I should have, I set it down on the nightstand and sigh.

"...so what now? We can't go back home, the one man who we had no choice but to trust betrayed us...and we have nowhere else to turn..."

"Well, we could stay here."