Chapter Two

I hopped off the school bus in the richer side of the city. Ever since Daddy’s business had boomed a few years ago we had moved twice, each house bigger than the last.

All of a sudden we were thrust into a world full of expensive things, bodyguards and parties. It’s not like I didn’t like it, but unlike my sister Emma who adored all these new shiny things, I just couldn't help but be wary.

Emma was too young to remember, but our family was struggling, in so many different ways. Money was tight in general, especially after paying for all my fancy therapy bills. It seemed like we were on our way to be evicted from our house.

 But then Daddy’s ideas began to take shape, to thrive and soon turned into a widely successful company that offered consulting advice for companies.

It was almost just in time, soon after that happened my depression had began to feel like it wasn’t consuming me so much, I felt slightly lighter and each day could almost be recived with a smile.

Soon, my old ratty clothes were replaced with beautiful fabric and expensive brands. Our possessions were replaced with the newest models and our furnisher was given to charities and was replaced with the most cutting edge modern designs.

A few months after things began to look brighter in my world, Sam came a long. He became my shining star, my champion if you must. He made me want to face the world with a smile, to risk each day and to live like it’s my last day everyday.

It might sound all a bit dramatic but that’s just how much Sam affected me as a person and continued to do so up until this very day.

It was easy for the feelings to develop into more. I wasn’t some clueless little girl who knew nothing about the world. I felt an attractive and I was damn well sure that he did too. But I don’t think any of us know how to deal with them. No one want’s to take the leap.

After another 20 minuets of walking I reached my house, though I don’t define it as a house. Compared to the one we used to live in this ones a friggn' mansion, but in reality it’s one of the smallest ones on the little street that my house sits on.

“Merry weather Road” even the street name sounds bloody pretentious.

Arriving at the white gate I produced a key from my backpack and shoved in it to open the gate. It swung open like a well-oiled machine and I shoved it closed with a bang.

Marching down the pathway I took even more notice to our front garden. Mum had gone a bit nuts with the gardening until it looked like our place could be in one of those better home and gardens magazines.

With emaculate flower beds, pruned roses, and few ornamental trees and a bench or two our front garden looked in a way… weirdly snobbish.

Opening the front door I followed the sent of peanut butter cookies to the kitchen where I knew I would find my mum. She was washing the dishes in the sink that was underneath window that faced the front yard.

Dressed up in a loose purple wrap dress, black high heels and her long black hair done up in perfect ringlets, my mother never liked to dress down, even if she never went anywhere.