Chapter Nine

It hit its intended target straight and true. Sam staggered backwards, his face painted with shock and pain and he glanced over at me. His feature reverted in regret and affection as he looked at me before stumbling to the ground.

His body hit the ground with a thud, his head suffering the worst of the damage. He lay there unmoving, looking dead to the world. Liquid filled my vision and tears instantly wetted my cheeks. I swiftly bit the hand that covered my mouth and let out a chocked sob.

"NO!" I wailed, my pitch reaching unfamable heights as I watched my best friend, my life lay unmoving on the ground. Sobs tore at my throat and muffled my words as I shouted "Monster!" To the clown man.

I struggled with my bonds on my wrists feverously, as I tried to get to my goal.

Sam.

Oh Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam.

"Well that's finally taken care of-" The masked man began right before a giant crashing sound from above us. Glass shattered and rained down from the sky. It cut at my exposed skin and blood welled up from the cuts. I barely noticed it as my whole body felt numb as I curled my upper half of my body to the ground.

Light filtered though the ceiling and ropes fell to the floor. Soon body after body slammed into the ground and shouted commands at the masked men. They all instantly raised their hands and the men that held guns at them.

"Nobody move!" A loud voice crackled over a megaphone.

"Freeze!" Another shouted.

Soon everybody was moving, people running and shouting. Everything seemed blurry through my tears and sounds and images felt like they had slowed down to a grandma pace. The only focus point for me was Sam's body lying just a few feet from me. A hulking body suddenly appeared in my vision. And it was only then that I realized that the masked men behind me were gone and the ropes were being untied from behind me.

I felt my body crumple in relief from the constant pain. Sounds, lights and images blinked at me as the man who untied be tried to grab on to my arm. I let out a garbled screech and dodged away for the man. My voice felt off, as if I wasn't in control of it.

I stumbled briefly in my lunge to the side but quickly righted myself as I continued to race towards Sam. Once I reached his body, I skidded and landed on my knees. I didn't know which place to touch first and my hands fiddled uselessly in the air as I realized every inch of his body was damaged.

His chest and lower body was beaten, blood pooling from wounds and his bruises were already forming into blue and purple masterpieces. His skin still felt slightly warm and his blonde hair stuck to his sweat and dust covered face. His clothing was torn in places and large grazes could be seen.

Cuts had scrapped the surface but I didn't mind. I let out a garble scream and my tear fell even harder as I flung my arms over his neck and shifted his head until it was placed on my lap. Sobs chock my lungs and I found it hard to breathe, my body was shaking from pain and shock as I touched my forehead to Sam's.

"Oh Sam!" I let out in a broken sob. "Why? Oh God why!" I screamed. My fingers graced over his features as I tried to drink everything in. "Sammy! Please don't leave me, you can't! Your everything to me and you can't just leave me!" I shouted, my voice hoarse from screaming and crying.

"I fucking love you Sam!" I sobbed even harder, my tears falling off my face in salty waves as they fell off my face and onto his, mixing with his blood and sweat.

"Sam!" I moaned, my mouth opening in ugly gasps. Sounds and colours were muted as I gazed at Sam's face. Suddenly arms were tugging at my clothes, forcing me to stand up.

"No!" I screeched, my arm failing about, trying to get back to Sam. But I was weak from lack of hydration and loss of blood. My physical and emotional pain and reached it's peak at I slumped into the arm's that dragged me away from Sam.

I just kept replaying the last few second in my head.

Pause, rewind, and play.

I was hauled up into someone's arms as they carried me away from Sam's body and out the door. My vision grew blurry from tears and what felt like seconds I was placed out on an uncomfortable slab. Straps were laced around my chest and stomach. Sheets pulled up my body and it felt like I was floating.

My body was numb and icy cold, yet my heart felt like it was on fire and dripping blood on the ground behind me. Stars dotted my vision and I blanked out.

-End of chapter 9-