| 07 |

2nd POV

"Five more laps to go!"

A whistle wheezed, resounding throughout the area as students of class 1-A and 1-B jogged out of breath around the field, sweat clinging to their faces as they compelled their legs to move forward. Blood King's voice rumbled like a thunderous clap, assaulting the ears of the students with a raucous boom—you wouldn't be astonished if it caused the very ground to tremble due to the quake hiding in his tone. Heaving a hefty huff, you flung yourself forward with the ounce of strength you mustered, forcing your legs to swing forward.

Cold air bit into your lungs as you kept a steady pace, your calves burning as your muscles roared. Nejire beside you was out of breath, her feet desperately attempting to create a form of traction.

"I'm..." Her breath came in short gasps, "... dying!"

Her bright blue hair bounced off her arched back as her movements became sluggish, her foot nearly slipping from beneath her. Nejire skid to a halt, her right hand placed atop her chest as she took a breather, her breath forming fluffy clouds in the air. Clasping your hand onto her back soothingly, you paused as well, reclaiming the air that was knocked right out of your lungs.

Two and a half solid weeks had elapsed rather quickly since your enrollment, dawn and dusk contrasting each other as one day replaced the other, the ruthless training of heroics class dawning a lofty burden upon your shoulders. The fond memories of the amusement park remained housed at the back of your mind; sealed tightly with a glistening, gold key only you could possess. Recalling the roller coaster ride caused your stomach to churn, flipping and tossing in response. Nevertheless, you were enthralled—and you hoped that you would receive another chance to enjoy yourself more.

With friends.

"When... Blood King-sensei finally organised... a join-up, I wasn't expecting... to run ten laps...!" Nejire fussed, her words cut short as she inhaled and exhaled simultaneously. "I was looking forward to kick some butts!"

"I-It helps with stamina and muscle endurance," you pointed out, wary of the words whirling off your tongue. "This just shows that we have to work on those points."

Nejire gawked at you with glittery orbs, "Huh, I never thought of that. You sure do know your stuff, [Name]-chan."

"I-I guess-"

"Alright! If Blood King-sensei wants five more laps then I'll give him what he wants!" Adrenaline instantly coursed through her veins, Nejire darting past the other students as she sped off with a kindled fire in her soul, leaving you behind with the air in her absence.

'W-Why am I not surprised at this new trend of abandoning me behind?' You mused, your shoes beginning to pad across the ground as you jogged once again.

It was another ten minutes before you caught up with Nejire whose cheeks were flaming red—a blazing inferno, her hands lunging forward as she struggled to keep up. You cast her a solemn glance prior to dashing off, wanting to finish the laps hitherto your bubbling energy supplying your motor stalled. Time sped by but you eventually completed the remaining five with your feet dragging over the solid earth in plain exhaustion, spotting a clump of your classmates relinquishing in the shade after jogging.

"You're so mean, [Name]-chan! Leaving me like that," Nejire complained skeptically, gouging down the water in her bottle. "My feet are killing me."

"Mine are too-I have a lot to work on," you added, feeling your muscles seethe with intensity.

"I hope we're not doing anything else," the blue haired teen chirped with a hum, only for her high hopes to plummet upon hearkening Blood King's following words.