| 11 |

2nd POV

With chopsticks dipping in sauce, you carefully stirred the chunk of red meat betwixt the wooden tips in the bowl of tempura, the faint scent of spices and vinegar tickling your nostrils.

Stuck to your side like gooey glue was Nejire; hunched over her tray of food as she jabbed at the clumps of rice with her chopsticks, briskly enjoying the sizzling warmth of the grains on her tongue. Seating opposite of the both of you were Tamaki and Mirio, chowing down on the steamy, fresh delight of curry combing their bowl of rice.

You settled for a much simpler dish—just rice and pieces of meat along with tempura sauce to satisfy your growing hunger. Needless to say, Nejire ordered the same thing as you and quietly munched, the only sound that was unique being Mirio's clamorous chomping as he poked at the takoyaki Tamaki had brought. The lunch hall was surprisingly less boisterous and less crowded than usual, the four of you occupying one large bench that would normally be full with second years by then.

"It sure is quiet," Mirio remarked, sparing a quick glance around the hall. "It's like everyone disappeared."

"Seems the same to me. But hey, did Cementoss-sensei talk to you about the Sports Festival?" Nejire piped in. "We were given such a huge speech about it during homeroom this morning about this and that."

"Oh, that's right! Yeah he did, I can't believe it'll be here in a month!" The tall blonde pealed, oval orbs brimming with ecstatic light.

"S-Sports Festival... a huge crowd..." murmured Tamaki.

"I doubt you'll do well, Amajiki-kun," Nejire blurted out, her comment causing the dark haired teen's mood to cloud in melancholy. "Imagine the whole crowd staring at us!"

"I-I-I can't do it..."

Your chopsticks clanked against the tray, seizing the attention of your friends. "Nejire, that's a bit too much."

"Aw, I was just teasing!"

"Aha! Don't worry, [Surname]-san," Mirio uttered. "I'm sure Tamaki didn't take it to heart, right dude?" He clasped a worried hand on Tamaki's shoulder, oval orbs twinkling. "But I am quite concerned. Are you going to alright in front of all those people?"

"Talking about it makes it worse..." he feebly answered. "What about you, Mirio? You know what will happen if you use your Quirk without your costume..."

"You really had to remind me, Tamaki. It'll work out somehow!"

Nejire quirked a brow, "What are you guys talking about?"

Even you raised a brow in pure curiosity and confusion, not wanting to dwell in the shadows when the topic regarded one of your friends.

"You two don't know? Well my Quirk's called 'Permeation' and I can literally phase through objects, but my clothes fall off when I do so and it isn't a really pretty sight," laughed Mirio, rubbing the nape of his neck in slight embarrassment. "My costume fabric has a few of my hair fibres so it's practically the only thing that doesn't fall off when I phase. Those spectators are going to have to cover their eyes though or they're in for a show!"

"Don't you find it embarrassing?" Tamaki asked, wary. "I mean, being naked in front of television... I'd never live to see the next day."

"Of course I'll be, but if my clothes are needed to fall off to help a person then I don't mind!"

"M-Mirio..."

"That doesn't sound heroic at all," Nejire chimed. "But if I were you, I'd die of humiliation. Right, [Name]-chan?"