| 20 |

2nd POV

"Great job out there, Tamaki! You really showed that girl who's boss, didn't ya?"

Fidgeting with his thin fingers, the said boy lowered his head in embarrassment as he wobbled to the vacant seat Mirio's arm was leaning against, cheeks dusted with light pink. The sheer attention he was gaining spurred a mild blush across the bridge of his nose, journeying all the way up to his pointed ears as his gaze roamed over the rows of red seats.

The stares from his classmates that were narrowing him down made him feel all wary, dragging his feet forward with sluggish footsteps; moving like a robot from the swarming agitation. Tamaki slumped in the seat as he sat down, burying his face into his hands upon doing so.

"... I don't like all this attention... Everyone's judging me...!"

"Don't feel like that, dude, you won! Feel proud!" Mirio encouraged with a beam, instantly wrapping his arm around Tamaki's shoulders and giving him a tight squeeze. "You were amazing!"

"Togata-kun's right, Tamaki! You were absolutely great," you cheered, a smile lighting up your expression. "You looked like you were in a pinch but you ended up pulling through. You were really shining out there and if you believe in yourself more I'm sure you'd shine brighter!"

Your words, with a needle and a thread, sewed their meaning inside his chest, another wave of heat slapping him right across the face, rendering him beet red from the sweet flattery. He nuzzled his face into his hands in response, trying to shield his obvious blush while groaning incoherent noises.

He nodded, a bit bashful. "Y-Yeah... if you two say so..."

"Not if we say so, you have to believe in yourself regardless of what people say. You even faced a huge crowd without being nervous with your actions!" Mirio exclaimed.

"That's because I forgot about them in the heat of the battle..." Tamaki mumbled under his breath. "... But I am glad that I won..."

"You deserve it!"

"T-Thanks..."

"But Minami-san really put up a fight," you added. "With her power, she should have been in the hero course. I wonder why she was put in the General Department."

"Dunno, maybe the entrance exam wasn't her cup of tea? But y'know, if what Hadou said is true, she has a chance of being switched into the hero course. I mean, she's the only one from the General Department who made it into the last event and that's pretty huge for someone in ED," the tall blonde appended, lightly tapping his fingers on his lap. "Though, the thought of someone leaving the hero course kinda puts me down."

"Yeah... being switched out would be the worst feeling ever," you agreed, a swirl of dread blossoming in the pit of your stomach.

"... Especially if that person worked so hard to get in..." Tamaki shivered at the lone idea. "W-What if they switch me out?"

"What are you talkin' about, Tamaki? They'd be dumb if they want to remove one of the strongest people in 1-A, don't undervalue yourself man." Mirio gave his torso a friendly, soft punch, eliciting a grunt from the dark-haired teen. "I'd give the higher ups a million reasons why they shouldn't remove you from the hero course!"

"Mirio..."

"I think it's best we let it go for now, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it," you simply said, averting your gaze to the arena below. "Look, Nejire's match is about to start."

"You're right!" The cloud of melancholy that had been draping over their heads dissipated, Mirio's exuberant persona bringing forth rays of luminous sunshine. "Let's cheer for her with everything with got!"