| 35 |

3rd POV

"I suppose you all know why you are all here."

While studious lessons and U.A.'s hectic school schedule of the day were set in motion, a few teachers were excused for their absences and were rounded in a meeting in a private room; obsidian blinds curtained the fervent afternoon light from filtering through the sets of windows, papers strewn with stitch-scratch scattered around Principal Nezu who sat diligently in his seat, his paws flicking the teaspoon stirring his brewed coffee.

Aizawa bid a silent greeting to the other Pro Heroes who were not teachers, namely; Gang Orca, Sakyū, and Fatgum, burrowing his chin in the many layers of his grey scarf with an exasperated sigh. In his hand was his notebook, quickly flicking past the pages filled with scribbles until his black orbs landed on the specific notes he required.

"Regarding [Surname], yes?" Cementoss whirred from his seat, a bit restless. "I cannot turn a blind eye to a student of my class; I think of her as my own, so this news is rather disquieting."

"We are unsure of King's real intention of killing [Surname]-san as you know, there were plenty of opportunities in the past where he could have done so. With that in mind, we tried thinking of other possible scenarios:

A. Something in the past was restraining King from taking any advances to harm his daughter, and now that whatever is holding him back is gone, he wants to rid anyone he had connections with so that no one can exploit his weaknesses, that is his family. But we had to cross that out because his wife is still alive and we advised the hospital ward to tighten their security.

Or B. He has been watching her every move till this day to see if she would be of any use in the future for his villainy benefits. However, perhaps after concluding that she was not useful in the way he had thought she was; he seeks to kill her," Nezu concluded.

"King isn't exactly sane, but he isn't a lunatic either. From what Sakyū and [Surname] told us, he is erratic and can be driven to the point of murder when angered. His thirst for blood must be stronger since his prey escaped from his grasp," Aizawa pinched in, meeting the revolted and astonished looks from every hero surrounding the table with a half-lidded gaze.

"How despicable," spoke Gang Orca, slamming his fist onto the table. "Going after your only child."

"I was shocked by it too. If I wasn't ignorant while fighting him then this wouldn't be happening..." Pamela's knuckles went white. "I'll do anything to keep [Name]-chan safe from that bastard."

"I'm with ya, Sakyū." Fatgum had long lost his appetite, unable to down the treats he stuffed in his pocket with his churning stomach.

"We are trying to think of other reasons, but we had to contact all of you in such short notice to discuss a protection programme for [Surname]." Nezu shot Midnight a knowing look. "Would you please?"

"Yes. In the past, U.A. developed a small project called the Group Internship Programme where students interned under Pro Heroes in small groups to build camaraderie between each other at an early stage," the blue-eyed woman began to explain. "But agencies found it difficult to spend time with each student and the staff had to turn it down since it was unpopular."

"However, we are intending to launch it again only this year due to [Name]'s situation. Normally, first years are not drafted, but with the recent spikes in villain activity lately, we have come to conclusion that they should be trained as of now. Using GIP, [Name] will be able to enjoy her internship week, as well as feel comfort with her group of friends. She is but a teenager; limiting her because of her father's actions would not do any good."