05 | rupture

05 | rupture
breach or disturb

dedicated to nightgate sorry about backbone :)

AFTER FIVE MINUTES of running blindly down numerous empty streets, I was finally able to persuade and drag Damon onto the London underground tube – much to his dismay

AFTER FIVE MINUTES of running blindly down numerous empty streets, I was finally able to persuade and drag Damon onto the London underground tube – much to his dismay. We bought our tickets in a hurry, and ran down the escalators as the air pushed at my hair, another underground train rushing to the platform. Damon grunted as he almost fell down the stairs, tripping at my heels, with only his vampire balance to keep him upright.

I glanced back, smirking at his pained face and partially unbuttoned shirt. It set aside part of the panic beginning to well up in my body. He was the only person I felt like I could trust, even after breaking Nathan's neck in front of me. Yet, he had been protecting me. Everything he had done leading up to this point had been to protect me, despite not knowing from what or who.

The station was deserted, aside from a man sleeping on a metal bench twenty yards away from us. The stench of stagnant water was unpleasant, and the silence between Damon and myself was so quiet, my ears began to ring.

When the next train arrived, I was thankful to jump on it, taking the nearest seat to the door with Damon stood in front of me, clutching the yellow support until his knuckles turn white. I watched patiently as he bit his gums, his smooth chest peaking out from under his shirt. Gazing at his chiselled jaw and endless brown eyes, I knew he was what the world perceived as handsome. He was what I perceived as perfect, and the fact that he could hear my heart rate speed up every time we made eye contact made the tension between us worse. Damon was a 'murderer' - but he was a fucking beautiful one.

"Never thought I'd see Damon the all-powerful and fearless vampire scared of the London Underground," I chuckled, glad that the carriage was empty aside from a drunk couple and four teenage boys who bid us none of their attention.