5. Friendship

|Michael's House|10/3/86
Grecia's POV

After I got dressed and did my hair I went back to the living room. I took  the paper out of my pocket and clutched it to my chest while innerly squealing. I acted like it was no big deal but inside I was so happy like a little girl when he gave me his number.

I folded it and put it into my purse while blushing tremendously. I put my hands over my face trying not to make my tomato cheeks obvious.

I was still incredibly grateful that I had a new friend. It was fairly empty and lonely in my apartment and hard to make new friends. I was also afraid to get to know people and I'd rather them come to me, but no one did except for Michael.

"Hello? Earth to Grecia." Michael stood in front of me waving his hand over my eyes. I must've looked so embarrassing with my hands over my face and I almost fell off the couch.

"Sorry what?" I asked.

Michael facepalmed and sighed. "Greciaaaa, I asked you like five million times," He shook his head. "Do you want scrambled eggs and pancakes?"

"Sorry, I was distracted and yeah, absolutely I love pancakes."  I said excitedly.

He chuckled. "Hot cocoa and pancakes are Grecia's favorite, got it." He threw me a thumbs up and went to the kitchen.

I laughed. "Add chocolate chips to the list!"

°○°○°○°○°○°○°

"So how long have you been living in Brooklyn?" He asked.

I put my fork down on the plate and swallowed. "For as long as I can remember. Both my parents and my grandparents died a few years ago and I've been left to fend for myself."

I couldn't see his expression because my eyes were welling with tears. I tried to blink them away but it was too overwhelming.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," He walked around the table over to my seat and I collapsed into his arms. "Shh it's okay." He rubbed my back.

"They would be happy I made a new f-friend." I choked out between sobs. That made the tears come out even harder.

His embrace around me got tighter. "They're watching over you Grecia, everything's alright."

That's the type of friend I wanted the one who would be there when I needed them. That was Michael, and I was so lucky to have his support.

"Thank you Michael, I'm sorry for breaking down like that."

"It's perfectly okay, it's not your fault."

Sorry for the extremely short chapter, it was sort of just an explanation.