10. A Huge Offer

|Michaels House| 10/26/86'|
Grecia's POV
I realized it was a Sunday and I had work in two hours. I needed to get ready fast. The dinner we had tired me out. My job is working at a bookstore in which my grandfather used to own before he passed, then his friend bought the place. They were friends for a long time and that's why I knew I could trust him. As devastating as it is, I want more than to keep my job since I know that's what my grandpa would've wanted.

Even though I was still pretty young being 16 at the time, he would let me visit him while he was working and show me how to do some things here and there. Eventually he hired me and I learned the experience working a full time job.
Reading books had always been a hobby of mine and that made the job fun, that's also why I stayed working here, because I enjoy it.

Suddenly I heard the phone ringing. I ran to pick it up. "Hello?"

"It's Michael. I just realized you left your bag here from dinner; do you want it?"

"No I'll pick it up later. I have work in an hour."

"I can take you."

I smiled. "It's ok I can drive."

"No it's hailing outside I don't want you to get hurt."

Before I could say anything else the phone hung up. I gasped and shrugged.

Why did he just hang up? I hope he wasn't mad at me.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°
Whiskers meowed and I handed him the bowl of food and water. "Bye whiskers." I said walking out of the door. I finished getting ready and curled my hair before leaving, because that was one of my favorite hairstyles. Despite the weather. I hoped my hair wouldn't get ruined.

We have a dress code which sucks but the upside is I think they are cute to wear anyways. The outfit consists of any colored buttoned up shirts tucked into black khakis with and a pair of black converse. I usually liked wearing light brown button ups to work and I thought it was nice of them to let us choose the color we wanted instead of hating a uniform.

The doorbell rang. "grecia!!"

I shook my head and rolled my eyes smiling. He came anyways. Didn't he have work?

I grabbed my purse and ran to met Michael outside. He was carrying an umbrella, he put it over us and we ran to the car.

I got in putting my purse down in front of me whilst closing the door. "Wow it's hailing hard". "You didn't have to come."

"Im glad I did. Now where do you work anyways?" He asked confusingly, raising a brow.

I gasped. "I haven't told you yet?! I'm so stupid." I shook my head. "I work at Book Shack. My grandfather used to own it, you know, before he.. um. Yeah." I gulped

"Oh I used to go there all of the time as a child. It's a great place."

I was a hundred percent sure that it was the same one because there was only one Book Shack in the town and my grandpa set the place up himself.

That was crazy, Michael and I could've met when we were children but maybe we weren't there the same time as each other. He's right, it is a great place, there's a library section of the store that my grandfather held to read stories to the children while their parents shopped. It was creative, something I never saw someone do before.

As we rode in the car I stared out of the window, watching the sun come up. The sky turned colors in a beautiful sunrise as timed past.  soon we arrived. I got down and threw my purse over my shoulder. The lights on the car turned off and Michael got out, closing the door behind him.

We walked in the store and I was greeted by my manager waving at me. I smiled and observed the place to see that there were already some people there. I was about to tell Michael goodbye when a man with a camera around his neck ran up to us. "Hi! My name is Felix and I'm a photographer. I saw you last week when I was here and

I wanted to ask you something but you were gone. I asked your manager and he said you work today so I was wondering if you would consider doing photo shoot for the Ebony Jet Magazine."

As the last words came out of his mouth my jaw dropped and I almost fell backwards, only to be caught in Michael's arms. We exchanged shocked glances and I looked back at Felix excitedly. "Ebony Jet? Isn't that like for celebrities though?" I asked confused

"Yes, but I photograph all kinds of celebrities and I could certainly get you on there. If you like it, you could potentially have a modeling career. I just think you would be perfect for the magazine and you could pass as a model."

A modeling career? This guy was talking about some extreme things. Plus why would he reach out to me? I wasn't that pretty to be a model, I would've done it a long time ago but I never thought they would except me.

"Can we talk about it for a second?" I asked pointing to Michael. He nodded and stepped away from us. I turned to Michael who looked in disbelief. "Grecia how do you know you can trust this person? You could be in some serious trouble and it seems way to good to be true." He said with concern in his eyes.

"Michael, you're right it could be a scam but I've always wanted to do something like this. You can come with me if you want to but I'm not doing this by myself if it makes you scared." I said biting my lip nervously.

He sighed. "If it makes you happy then I'll take you."

A smiles grew onto my face and I turned to Felix and tapped him on the shoulder. "We decided, I'll do it. Do you mind if I see your card?"

He handed me a business card with a name and number on it. "We'll set up a time over the phone. It's been nice to meet you both and I'm excited, in fact how about both of you take part in the photo shoot? You're a really stunning couple."

I turned to Michael with a smile that he could not resist and rolled his eyes. "We're not a cou-"

"He'll do it."

"Great! You guys call me! Bye."

He walked off and me and Michael looked at me jealously. I scrunched my eyebrows together. "What?"

"He thinks you're beautiful, he's not wrong."

"No you're more stunning than me I'm surprised he didn't ask you for a photo shoot first."
"Well I got to get to work, I can't believe that just happened."

"I know! I'll pick you up for lunch and we can go out to eat, since you don't have your car." I nodded.

"Ok I'll see you Michael!" And with that I continued working with the biggest smile on my face I've ever had.