11. Arguments

|Denny's|11/1/86'|
Michaels POV

Grecia took a sip of her vanilla sundae which was now completely melted and leaking onto the table coaster. Despite it being almost winter already, we ate ice cream even though it was freezing outside. We were eating breakfast at a diner and planned to see a movie afterwards.

"Why is is so hot? My sundae melted."

I knew she was sad about leaving her job soon. But as soon as the magazine dropped she would probably be getting lots of offers for different covers of magazines and she'd be really busy.

I planned to travel with her but I was afraid that we wouldn't have as much time to with each other when she was busy. If we even got popular from the photo shoots, I wasn't too confident about myself.

I was also planning to do something myself, not modeling but maybe being a singer/songwriter. It's something I always dreamed of doing in the future since I was a child. I have loads of songs written down in countless journals and I love to sing around the house every chance I get. That's why we both might've been busy getting new jobs that we wouldn't be able to do the same things as before.

I was currently working in a call center, pretty boring job.
I sat with my head in my hand,just letting my thoughts be free.

"Hello? Earth to Michael?" She said making me think of when Grecia was spaced out at my house that one time and I said the same thing.

"Oh um what?" I asked, my head darting up towards her. I felt my pupils widen 10 times their size one I realized how long I must've been staring at the wall.

"What have you been thinking about? You look so dazed." She asked giggling, still waving her hand in front of my face.

"Nothing, I'm just really nervous about your career starting. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for you Grecia, but it's going to take a lot of time up."

"I have hopes and dreams I don't wanna let go of. Like becoming a singer one day."

She scoffed. "Yeah I know. And you have no idea how hard it is to leave the bookstore. I have dreams too."

I didn't say anymore. I didn't wanna argue.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°
"Why aren't you happy for me!" She shouted going into her bedroom. After eating at the diner we went her house. I started to tell her how I doubted the new offer and she blew up all of the sudden.

I realized that we never actually had a real fight and I hoped to death that this wouldn't be it.

"I am." I said pulling her arm and turning turning her around to face me."

"Well that's what you say, but if you start a career too we'll never see each other. So why would my job separate us but not yours?" She said with her hands over her hips.

"This is stupid." I shook my head.

"You're the one that started it! You clearly have other dreams and passions and I respect that, but that's like me telling you if we become singers, I can't be a model. Michael it's not all about you, I want to be successful in life too!"

"i can't do both!."

"Yeah why not?"

"Because I have family, unlike you!"

I gasped, realizing what I just said. I saw utter shock on her face. "I- I'm sorry I didn't mean-."

Tears streamed down her eyes. She turned around and slammed the door in my face.

What the hell did I just do.