6. Family Meeting

|Michael's Parents' House|10/10/86|
                   Grecia's POV

I was so nervous, Michael's family were having a gathering and they invited me to come along. We were in the driveway of their house and I was having second thoughts. I closed the door and got out of the car. I had never met his family and I was scared that they wouldn't like me nor want Michael to be my friend.

I stayed behind Michael and he rang the doorbell.
A woman opened the door and she had a greeting smile across her face. "Michael!" She said excitedly, engaging him in a hug. Her gaze moved over to me and she looked surprised. "You must be Michael's friend, what's your name hon?"

I nodded. "My names Grecia, Grecia Rossi." I smiled. "Are you Katherine? I heard lots about you."
She shook my hand and hugged me as well. "Nice to meet you, and yes but call me mother if you'd like."
She motioned us to go inside and I followed behind Michael into the house. I was shocked of how many people had attended. I saw a girl that looked identical to Michael come up to me with suspicion and excitement in her eyes. "Hello, I'm Janet who might you be?" She asked

"Hi I'm Grecia, Michael's friend. He invited me to your family gathering, it's nice to meet you." She smirked at Michael and I. "Friend, that's a cool word."

I could see Michael turning red.

"Janettt." He said annoyed.

I rolled my eyes as I was greeted by several more people. Some of Michael's brothers were there and they introduced themselves, somehow surprised of "me" being Michael's friend. They were all acting odd. 

I saw a man which looked to be Michael's Dad and I shook his hand politely. Michael looked so tense and he just stared at me blankly. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He looked surprised that I said hi to his father and that made me very confused. After that he led me to the dining room where we were having dinner. Michael's mother prepared steak and it looked delicious.

Before dinner Janet and I talked. She was really nice and we could relate a lot since she's a girl. I think I made a new friend.

I sat at the table with pairs of eyes staring at me. I looked up awkwardly and swallowed. They quickly returned to their meal not making eye contact with me. I looked at Michael which was looking also slightly confused.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°
I got out of my seat and pushed the chair in. "I'll be back," I felt so embarrassing as I walked to the restroom, the whole dining room was silent. Once I was in the bathroom I heard them whispering. I couldn't help but eavesdrop and stand by the door.

"Michael, are you and Grecia dating?"
"No.."
"Mike we see the way you look at her stop denying it."

"We haven't known each other for long at all."

"Long enough for you to bring her to a family dinner huh?"

I widened my eyes, trying not to make noise. I could practically feel the awkwardness in the air and see the priceless look on Michael's face. But why would his family think that?

I realized how long I must've took in the bathroom so I hurried up and got out. Michael was playing with his food and looking at the wall. "Okay what is going on." I spoke up.

"Michael likes you." Randy chuckling.

I rolled my eyes. "Randy!" Mother scolded. "Sorry we haven't been in conversation. So how did you two meet?"

"Well we met at a subway station a few weeks ago. We basically had the same stop." I said

Michael nodded.

"And someone refused to let me give him his coat back." I joked

Michael scoffed. "Cmon you were cold"

"I raised a gentleman." Said Katherine.

We all laughed it off and continued dinner.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°

Besides the awkwardness dinner was great, I learned lots about Michael's family and it kind of felt like the family I lost.

Even though I didn't know Michael for long, Katherine felt like a mother to me. Michael was so nice to bring me to meet his family.

But were they right? Did Michael really feel that way about me? I didn't think so.